Bee Inspector Visit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Busy Bee - I disagree totally. I'd rather be in the know than be an ostrich with my head in the sand. There are so many issues out there, I'd rather be in than out of the loop. But it is a free choice and I respect your decision.

regards

S

Paranoia me thinks .or cjd being around too many cows :rofl:

John Wilkinson

Busy Bee, I also respect your opinion but I wonder what you have to hide as you seem very aggressive towards completely the wrong organisation. The inspectors are there purely to help you with your bees not to brain wash you or introduce new laws.....

I have nothing to hide but the system is stealth based, I can smell a rat coming from the rat department (government). The narrow mindedness of the people is going to leave themselves wide open to tax and law. Have you any idea how sneaky the government is?

Victor Meldrew I reeckon is one of them after all he is a sheep in wolf clothing, running back and fowward to the BBKA telling them all sorts. If you not on the Bee Data base you have a chance. Stay out of the system.

I have no bee inspector come to me and frankly I don't need him. I have the internet, books and very close friends to help. An intelligent person does not need a government official to inspect their hives(s).

They are gathering information on bees so as to see how much money No.11 can get. You are warned. Take Heed.

Busy Bee

Sorry, I don't respect those views at all.

The government isn't evil. They seriously aren't clever and well organised for that, believe me. Democracy trades off moderate competence as worth having compared to dictatorship.

They CAN sometimes be incompetent, and led around by commercial entities. This can be a problem and should be argued against. They AREN'T sitting in rooms, trying to control your brain and squeeze extra tax out of bee-keepers.

There are real problems out there which we need to worry about. Let's not create some imaginary ones until we've sorted out the real ones . . .

FG

Lets get one thing straight, they are trying and succeeding in squeezing taxes out of EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE!!!

At last someone is listening.

We must be the most taxed nation on the planet, the most watched and controlled.

We need to buy a license for everything, we pay for services twice the economy is in meltdown, cuts cuts cuts etc. The treasury needs cash and they will get it where ever they can.

Its idiotic for people to get on this thread and make a statement that the government is good.

Like I said before LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER, THINGS ARE WORSE THAN I THOUGHT.

Busy Bee

equally idiotic to state that the goverment's on some kind of mission to enslave its minions too.

As I don't know you from adam I'm actually quite happy in the knowledge that there's a department out there checking the health of bee colonies in the UK and enforcing the treatment of colonies with the most serious of diseases.

Whether you register with beebase or not you're still obliged to notify them if you think you have one of the 4 notifiable conditions (EFB, AFB, SHB and Tropilaelaps) and that's something I have absolutely no issue with. Idiots who don't, to make some kind of point, put everyone around them at risk which is an incredibly selfish act. if you want to protest, stop paying your council or income tax instead.

Your off your "Nellie"

Busy Bee

trolls.feed.jpg

I have nothing to hide but the system is stealth based, I can smell a rat coming from the rat department (government). The narrow mindedness of the people is going to leave themselves wide open to tax and law. Have you any idea how sneaky the government is?

Victor Meldrew I reeckon is one of them after all he is a sheep in wolf clothing, running back and fowward to the BBKA telling them all sorts. If you not on the Bee Data base you have a chance. Stay out of the system.

I have no bee inspector come to me and frankly I don't need him. I have the internet, books and very close friends to help. An intelligent person does not need a government official to inspect their hives(s).

They are gathering information on bees so as to see how much money No.11 can get. You are warned. Take Heed.
Busy Bee

As an armchair psychologist I conclude from your post that
you are suffering from paranoia and are more to be pitied than condemned :smilielol5:
John Wilkinson

I'm pleased to say that some of the views expressed in this thread are very much a minority opinion in Scotland and probably elswehere. Two years ago at the autumn Council meeting that determines SBA policy, the Scottish Honeybee Health Strategy consultation was discussed. One point debated was the issue of a national database for Scotland, something that the SBA thought that it should perhaps request as part of the consultation. I was one of the few who spoke against at the time, but I've changed my mind since. It was overwhelmingly supported by the members present that the SBA should press government in Scotland to start an equivalent of the Bee Base database. Since then, of course, government saw the need themselves as the foulbrood outbreak was uncovered, and we are soon to get our own area on Bee Base. No doubt we have a few individuals here and there who will not like this, but I haven't personally met any yet.

When the health of livestock is concerned, especially contagious disease that spreads with bees, effective regulation is essential. Only government can have the teeth required to force the right behaviour. I welcomed the inspectors into my apiary last summer, and will welcome them again this summer no doubt. I also welcome the fact that they have powers to enter premises where people are not cooperating, and if they find people breaking the law I'll welcome their ability to prosecute!

From what I hear N Ireland certainly has beekeepers who *need* to have regulators breathing down their necks.

Gavin

Well said Gavin,
our friend has got the expression Wolf in Sheeps' clothing back to front , likewise his argument !! :confused: .
He has also accusing me personally when he he knows nothing of me !
Like the rest of his rantings it is totally inaccurate.
I do subscribe to the BBKA forum as do many others on here but that's as far as it goes.( "running backwards and forwards telling them all sorts" )what a silly school boy suggestion :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: .

John Wilkinson

Ohhh Victor dear fellow, "school boy" is that the best you can do!

Busy Bee

I think you can take this one apart on a question of practicality. To lay out my credentials, I'm a loather of government, they tax us to hell and then piss it all up the wall....but....

The Bee Inspector is not the tax man. If I have diseased bees it would be good to know, and it would also be good to know if my neighbours are in the same position. So I think we can separate the bee inspector from the inland revenue.

Now, lets consider a bee tax. What would it be on? Per bee, OK HMRC, would you like to come and audit my bees? No, thought not. How about a hive? Define "hive". Well it's a brood box and a super. Ah-ha, I can avoid tax by running double brood. OK, so it could be on a "productive colony". Can I have refund if my colony is not very productive?

Taxing bees would be too hard, and anyway, if they made it bite, people would just jack it in. You'd be much more sensible if you considered income tax from honey sales, which, of course, you should be recording on your tax returns. If you're not, you're breaking the law. Clearly, all the honey belongs to Mrs rae rather than me, so it comes in her tax free allowance.....

Shame the thread closes on this note as I think the subject of government involvement/interference vs. benefits of bee inspecters is worth airing. For my part I think bee inspecters are hand picked beekeeping experts payed to offer help and advice to the general beekeeping public and in my experience, keep the officialdom side of thing s to the barest minimum and are also independant minded enough to ignore nbu 'best practice' and will offer advice on what they see rather than whats in the book.
If you offfered farmers free vets visits to ensure the wellbeing of their animals they would snap your hand off I'm sure - whats different for beekeepers ?

Latest posts

Back