Bee escapes

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelwine

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
What is the best Bee escape and how do you use it?
I have not had much luck with the porter escape method and the last few times I have shaken bees off the frames and taken away after that but its unpleasant as lots of stragglers tend to remain.
I would be interested to hear how other beekeepers get on?

Rhombus for me too - cleared four hives last night - only a handful of bees found their wqay into the kitchen today - but they were very strong hives so i was expecting a few not to go down

Rhombus. I cut them in half and reposition them over two holes in opposite corners of the clearer board with the cut end towards the side baton of the clearer board. Can't remember if I picked that tip up from this forum or from Dave Cushman's pages - either way, it works really well. Several "older" beekeepers I know have begun to change over to the rhombus after seeing mine in action. Its a slow transition for them as they see years of use left in their old porter bee escapes (Some bought from EH Taylor of Welwyn by their predecessors.....)

Latest posts

Back