Badgers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got badgers about 30 feet away. Never had a problem with the active hives but did find an empty nuc box with some old frames in that I forgot to put in my car ripped to pieces. Just have strong, well weighed down hives.

I had a problem at one my out apiaries with badgers pushing over hives. I put electric wire around the hives and have not had a problem since, even though the energiser stopped working several years ago.
If you try this, use wire, netting or tape just won't get through their fur and will not work
S

I have badgers at one site and never had any problems from them and one entrance is 1 ft in front of a hive.

I heard the comment once that most badgers seen on roads are ones that have been shot illegally, or poisoned with Paracetamol, 1 tablet will kill a badger so I'm told.

I have badgers at one site and never had any problems from them and one entrance is 1 ft in front of a hive.

I heard the comment once that most badgers seen on roads are ones that have been shot illegally, or poisoned with Paracetamol, 1 tablet will kill a badger so I'm told.

Now i thought you where a Clever Guy. :spy:

Lots of badger sets near me

Only ever had problems with them upending empty hives even identifying these in a row of hives

Now i thought you where a Clever Guy. :spy:

?????

I'm just quoting what I have been told. Never had issues with badgers on my site so why the comment?

?????

I'm just quoting what I have been told. Never had issues with badgers on my site so why the comment?

Probably alluding to publicising the paracetamol thing.

Probably alluding to publicising the paracetamol thing.

that's how I took it too, basically telling folk who wish to reduce the numbers a possible way to do it.
as for the shooting and dumping comment having a Brother in the Dairy Industry I've heard similar tales, but lets not get into the whole TB debate.

?????

I thought you would have been able to make a educated judgment from what you quoted previously, badgers/ foxes and all kinds of animals get splattered on the roads every year i have even flattened a badger myself, it was like driving over a breeze block, on the paracetamol how does anyone know it kills them as most would die underground or in cover and never be found for investigations to find out how they died, personally i take anything like the above with a very big pinch of salt.

Thought that was Aspirin... or is that for cats??????
:ohthedrama:

Myttin da

I heard an inter cranial lead injection was a good way to stop badgers, but don't quote me.

I have an out apiary in an ecogarden at work. It is within 20 meters of an active badger set. Never had any problems.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back