Badger cull.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hive maker - it's down to ignorant people that have made this world the way it is by satiating your sense's so when it comes to knocking my faith that's fine but it is you that is staying in ignorance as flesh eating which is the same as killing flesh as you are part of the production line .... My nan had a saying and it is true here- don't argue with a fool as he will bring you down to his level and then beat you .... So hare krsna and may the Lord be merciful on you for all the souls you are taking part in murdering

Locally sourced

Doesn't make any sense that way either, and it isn't true.

For the record I don't eat "dead rotten flesh pumped with chemicals", it would make me quite ill because my body doesn't have the digestive system to deal with it, but some animals can and do eat rotten flesh. Chemicals in meat? Not in the meat we buy locally.

I don't eat meat because it looks nice, or because it "feeds the senses", I eat meat and fish as part of a balanced diet that includes a good range of fruit and vegetables. Almost all the food my family eats is locally produced and locally sourced, it doesn't rely on any food supplements, protein replacements, or so-called superfoods flown in from other parts of the world.

How much soya etc is grown in UK? Try this for starters http://www.newenvironmentalist.co.uk/?page_id=582

So because it's locally sourced makes it ok , that's fine then I will just go round killing and eating my neighbors as they are locally sourced, you can not preach to the faithless.

TB in cattle has nothing to do with badgers it is just an excuse to cull badgers and anything else on four,two legs. the way cattle is kept is enougth to cause any disease , what right do we have to take life from any creature when there is plenty of other food sources . thats my view ,,,,,merry xmas :angelsad2:

Guess who had NUT ROAST ?.... :icon_204-2:

Mytten da

Prana,
While I respect your views, it has now become apparent that it is part of your Faith and we really shouldn't go down that route on a forum.
It is your choice to be vegetarian or vegan but you really should learn to respect the views of those who choose not to be, calling them murderers or whatever will get you nowhere.
That's the trouble with Faith, when someone doesn't do what you do, they must be wrong. I can't understand why pork is not eaten by some but if they want to follow that sort of doctrine, it's up to them.

So, getting back to the cull.....

Strangely enough I had the same kind of debate with a local lad and his mates who have been brainwashed by this Hare Krishna outfit, a few pointed out that even in their Veda it is fine to eat meat if they are hungry - as long as it was killed for someone else!! (the slow creep of hypocrisy there I think) one of his maters who has a degree in religion and Theology piped in, and as soon as they realised they were on the losing side of the argument I was discluded from the conversation - funny old thing.

But then, it's glaringly obvious that I'm preaching to the faithless so I'll leave it at that.

Gras ein Harglwydd Iesu Grist a chymdeithas yr Ysbryd Glan a fyddo gydach chwi nawr ac am byth.
Amen

Prana,
While I respect your views, it has now become apparent that it is part of your Faith and we really shouldn't go down that route on a forum.
It is your choice to be vegetarian or vegan but you really should learn to respect the views of those who choose not to be, calling them murderers or whatever will get you nowhere.
That's the trouble with Faith, when someone doesn't do what you do, they must be wrong. I can't understand why pork is not eaten by some but if they want to follow that sort of doctrine, it's up to them.

I have eaten roasted badger.. road kill of course!... bit of a cross betwixt wild boar and venison.... with a touch of wild hare!

I have also eaten hedgehog.. some many years ago...

THE delicacy for beekeepers.. must be fresh drone brood... just as the eyes go purple, brush off the Varroa first... dip in warm honey and eat raw... or fry in very hot sesame oil with pine nuts... delicious... and nutritious!:sunning:

Yeghes da

Hive maker - it's down to ignorant people that have made this world the way it is by satiating your sense's so when it comes to knocking my faith that's fine but it is you that is staying in ignorance as flesh eating which is the same as killing flesh as you are part of the production line .... My nan had a saying and it is true here- don't argue with a fool as he will bring you down to his level and then beat you .... So hare krsna and may the Lord be merciful on you for all the souls you are taking part in murdering

I've stayed out of this .. so far .. I'm pretty much live and let live about people who choose to live out different lifestyles - I am a little out of the mainstream in terms of my beliefs and principles. Whilst I am not vegetarian I do seek out meat that comes from sources that I know treat their livestock well in terms of both well being, what they are fed and how they are killed. As much as possible I grow my own and we keep hens for our own eggs - and they have a better life than any farm hens.

However, I really find the language of some evangelical vegetarians and vegans objectionable - and your post above, I feel, displays an intolerance and lack of understanding of any other point of view.

If, as you say earlier, your position is the result of your 'faith' I would direct you to the teachings of most of the world's religions - whilst some of them proscribe the eating of certain meats it is only extreme factions that proscribe the eating of all meats - and there is nowhere in the teachings of any of the main religions that suggest we should be totally vegetarian. I would further direct you to the teachings of virtually all prophets in all true faiths ... all of them, in one way or another, preach tolerance of their fellow man on the way to enlightenment.

You have some way to go I feel.

I agree we should be tolerable , hive maker is who started at my faith and I have enough sources about so called religion and vegetarian. I don't want to be horrible to any side but read how others have talked to me I am defending myself . All life is precious even BADGERS ..... Happy new year

I agree we should be tolerable , hive maker is who started at my faith and I have enough sources about so called religion and vegetarian. I don't want to be horrible to any side but read how others have talked to me I am defending myself . All life is precious even BADGERS ..... Happy new year
You are wasting your breath just like hundreds of others, the Badger cull will go on regardless of what you preach just the same as shooting snaring and digging fox and other vermin, eat veg and be happy.

I can remember Hare Krishna followers from the 1960s .. and their leaders.

So do I, they were often thought by some to be associated the hippies.

I noticed in your link there is also a book about the Krishna cult, called...Monkey on a Stick: Murder, Madness, and the Hare Krishnas.

http://www.icsahome.com/articles/book-review-monkey-on-a-stick-csj-8-2

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monkey-Stick-Murder-Madness-Krishnas/dp/0151620865"]Monkey on a Stick: Murder, Madness, and the Hare Krishnas: Amazon.co.uk: John Hubner, Lindsay Gruson: 9780151620869: Books[/ame]

Last edited:
That is a book about a few out of thousands of devotees , you have corruption in all things , what you r saying is like calling all Muslims terrorist, when a terrorist is not a Muslim same as a few in our krsna movement used it as a means for doing corrupt things which happens in all society 's . You can not tar all with the same brush .... I have now wasted enough energy with this .... Hare krsna and a happy new year

I have now wasted enough energy with this ....

If you got a nice bit of steak or mutton inside you you'd have a lot more energy to spend :D

Blwyddyn Newydd dda a Duw fo gyda ti

Last edited:
Prana,

"Like"

Hold whatever beliefs you like but preach on here about anything other than beekeeping and you're on the wrong forum imho

I am on other topics not beekeeping , plus not preaching just talking truth and not my truth ,THE TRUTH ,,, example some may believe water is dry but truth is it is wet no matter what you think truth is truth ,,,,as before no more energy wasting here hare krsna and a happy new year

Last edited:
Faith is a personal thing and should stay that way. Followers of any faith argue superiority from their own smug belief and perspective. Not one of these beliefs has stayed true to the word of the particular person who started it, they've all been adjusted by so called devout followers who read a different meaning in the scripts. Enough to make you glaze over, really.

I was under the impression that bovine TB was introduced to badgers first via cattle? Someone put me right if that isn't the case.

truth is truth

I do not kill the bees varroa I let them deal with them and the ones that are dealing with them I rear queens from them ,

prana vallabha said:
Originally Posted by prana vallabha
took the MAQS TREATMENT off one hive and all seems great seen queen and is laying well so all in all i found it ok ..... I left the hive entrance in as on omf due to wasps i took the risk .... the mite drop was significant ....

prana vallabha said:
i am just going to use hive alive per instructions and see the outcome fingers crossed ...i have always used hive clean upto now and have had no trouble

And lies are lies.

Prana. Are you sure all the plant material you have been consuming are legal? Not much of what I read from you makes any sense. Happy New Year in anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So because it's locally sourced makes it ok , that's fine then I will just go round killing and eating my neighbors as they are locally sourced, you can not preach to the faithless.

Wow! Extreme, much! :eek:

Back