Badger Claw vs MB Poly Hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Instant Psychic Readings

Thanks for the link, Fatshark, but I am not psychic (or I would have found it already and/or knew what it contained! :) And I am not a follower of that particular fashion. (you get the idea - why doesn't psychic Meg win the lottery every week and all that)

Nevertheless I scanned down until I got to this bit (not so far down)

"There it meets a beam of cosmic energy which, like a luminous axis, vertically connects the source in the earth with cosmic space."

At that point I gave it a definite thumbs down and closed the window (I wonder if they knew I would do that?).

Biased bull sh*t and claptrap. I would dare to say they are looking for donations at some point? I,m only guessing, I don't actually know - honest!)

Electric fences are regularly used to prevent bears damaging hives

Subtle difference between a 'remote to the bees' fence and an electrified 'cage', I am thinking.

Perhaps the hives should be connected to a cattle prod, or similar, with a device for auto activation, should the hive be disturbed (vibration detector, per eg). Or is that a too shocking suggestion?

Now...... that is a thought, .... for HP and his Security Devices UK Plc.

Should be no need to PM HP of this suggestion. Just sent him a 'telepathetic' message!!

Regards, RAB

seems weird I know but they did quite alot of damage from what I saw, do you recommedn full cream or half fat? ;)

Strong evidense for supporting a cull !

No No No why is the first thought to destroy? try prevention first!:)

Instant Psychic Readings

Thanks for the link, Fatshark, but I am not psychic (or I would have found it already and/or knew what it contained! :) And I am not a follower of that particular fashion. (you get the idea - why doesn't psychic Meg win the lottery every week and all that)

"There it meets a beam of cosmic energy which, like a luminous axis, vertically connects the source in the earth with cosmic space."

At that point I gave it a definite thumbs down and closed the window (I wonder if they knew I would do that?).

Biased bull sh*t and claptrap. I would dare to say they are looking for donations at some point? I,m only guessing, I don't actually know - honest!)

Subtle difference between a 'remote to the bees' fence and an electrified 'cage', I am thinking.

Perhaps the hives should be connected to a cattle prod, or similar, with a device for auto activation, should the hive be disturbed (vibration detector, per eg). Or is that a too shocking suggestion?

Should be no need to PM HP of this suggestion. Just sent him a 'telepathetic' message!!

Regards, RAB

How about a Taser or two, the trigger mechanism could be operated by the landing board. Once zapped no problem, apart from the IPCA, RSPCA, DEFRA (for acting before we could cull the miscreants) etc etc:)
Regards
TBRNoTB

Taser? Isn't that the same as a 'cattle prod, or similar'?

I was thinking of animals that actually move the hive.

Once, a few years ago, a Starling had managed to dislodge the top of a nut feeder it then proceeded to try an extract the nuts with the inevitable consequence, one neatly wrapped bird. The time it took to extract said bird.....forever.....to get it out against the lay of feathers without damage (and I thought I didn't like Starlings!) Go to watch them now on the levels coming in to roost, brilliant.:)

Metal mesh and timber are no deterrent to hungry badgers. We are on high risk just now as the ground is baked dry (and yes, this is Wales). In previous drought summers we have had chicken houses torn into by badgers - metal mesh and timber shredded and the worst was right beside the house and off the ground.

With electric they patrol til the night you forget or it shorts out on vegetation.

Sadly we seem to have new latrines on the apiary so need to block and deter (I know the law as we had the then DEFRA badger man out from Worcester a few years back and very helpful he was too).

Instant Psychic Readings

Regards, RAB

I knew you were going to say that! :biggrinjester:

I may wire them up to an electric fence controller

I wonder how the bees would feel, inside a regularly pulsing electrostatic field, of up to about 15 000volts (more likely only half that value)?

So perhaps not a good idea, I would have thought. Subject for testing, prior to permanent installation I think.

RAB

Nothing like - 4500 volts tops, limitation of discharge of energy etc.

Not on permanently, linked to ground level PIR, tested fine so far.

Latest posts

Back