Are your bees still swarming?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwenyn11

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Is the swarm season over, calls have gone quiet in south Wales. Just wondering what's it like over the country.

What part of south Wales do you live?? cos Im down this end of the world and Im not convinced yet,,,

Carmarthenshire. I'm tempted to do the last weekly inspection this week and take the honey off and start apiguard next week. Just want to make sure the swarm season is over!!
Where are you from?

Mine just swarmed this afternoon! My first ever swarm - managed to get it and re-house it. The bees were very obliging clustered on a fence post at head height. I managed to get them in my lunch hour - hope they are still there when I go to check after work.

Down Ammanford way,,, Im not taking my honey till the end of the month, doing my inspection tomorrow,,,

Though a short and mild winter during June and July when they spent their time indoors consuming stores, I think some hives feel that spring has arrived again!
Had three swarms arrive last week at two apiary sites and one of mine decided she wanted to go, which I AS'd.
S

Last edited:
not over in Cumbria :(

Had a large swarm come out of a stock on the 11th had a caste out of the same stock yesterday 14th.

One of mine looked very lively yesturday so I did an AS

New queen this season and laying well -- loads of bees very little honey being gathered

None of mine are in swarm mode, possibility of one going to supersed the queen

Had a call this evening... from a nice lady in Kellywick
Swarm of huge proportions had just moved from her neighbours hen house to roost beneath her garden swing seat.... too dark now to look, will probably be gone by tomorrow!
and this poor lady could not get any response from anyone on the BB*A collectors list!

The answer is ... yep them is still swarming!

Had a call this evening... from a nice lady in Kellywick
Swarm of huge proportions had just moved from her neighbours hen house to roost beneath her garden swing seat.... too dark now to look, will probably be gone by tomorrow!
and this poor lady could not get any response from anyone on the BB*A collectors list!

The answer is ... yep them is still swarming!

Flew off in the direction of La'cen!
:eek:

stragglers and a lot of dead bees looked like a bukspinfast.... and it is raining stair~rods here at the moment!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back