Apiguard another thread

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom8400

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all started adding apiguard yesterday, however the bee's were not impressed I don't think they were enjoying the hot weather. Made me wonder if it's a bit soon when they appear to be foraging, however if it's a four week job it doesn't leave much time for feeding if I don't apply now.

I've not taken supers off some hives so that is today's job then get their treatment on too.

Am I ok to return wet supers if I stick them above crown board at the same time as treating with apiguard?

Thanks for any wisdom

Hi all started adding apiguard yesterday, however the bee's were not impressed I don't think they were enjoying the hot weather. Made me wonder if it's a bit soon when they appear to be foraging, however if it's a four week job it doesn't leave much time for feeding if I don't apply now.

I've not taken supers off some hives so that is today's job then get their treatment on too.

Am I ok to return wet supers if I stick them above crown board at the same time as treating with apiguard?

Thanks for any wisdom

Some time since I have used Apiguard... stopped when the big tubs were withdrawn.... however I think the manufacturer advised not to feed during treatment... and that could include putting supers back on to be cleared as thymol could then contaminate/ taint any future crop??

Put the wet extracted supers in a deepfreezer for 24 hours and then store in plastic sacks (sealed)..... or stack with something solid underneath and treat with acetic acid... or spray with some of this bacteria stuff that seem to be of the fashion of today!

We feed right up to November 5th... then the bees are not interfered with until the following Spring!

Chons da

I have no supers on ( for whatever purpose) when I am treating with thymol. I do not want the wax to take up the smell. Manufacturers recommend you do not feed during Apiguard treatment, so the bees can concentrate on moving the Apiguard around

Latest posts

Back