Apibioxal Spring treatment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lincbee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Having a clear out today I’ve found some apibioxal with a use by of April 2022, now there’s enough to do my hives twice so I’m thinking of treating twice 5 days apart. My question is would this do any harm to the bees this time of year? They were last treated in November via the vaporiser. Currently no supers on.

Thanks

Having a clear out today I’ve found some apibioxal with a use by of April 2022, now there’s enough to do my hives twice so I’m thinking of treating twice 5 days apart. My question is would this do any harm to the bees this time of year? They were last treated in November via the vaporiser. Currently no supers on.

Thanks
No problem if by sublimation.

Thanks
Do they need treating?

Been a few decades since I studied Chemistry (as my Ancillary subject to Zoology at University) but looking at the chemical content of Apibioxal it is unlikely to chemically deteriorate (if kept dry) for years. and years.

Latest posts

Back