Apiary site wanted: Harrogate, north Yorkshire for up to 10 hives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the.wired

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
Title says it all really, have expanded up to 5 hives over last few years would like to expand / consolidate to a single larger site with space for up to 10 hives.

if anyone knows of anything around Harrogate north Yorkshire I would be grateful.

I have transport so 20 mins drive or so is no issue.

Try advertising on GumTree, put things in your Ad like free honey, home needed for honey bees, free pollination.

thanks, yeah getting into this hobby I didn't realize how much marketing would be involved.

I have talked to several farmers over the years who i know and the ones who grow rape/ peas and been have asked me to stick a hive near there crops, it might be easier than you think, i also used to stop on another farm several years back, two bee keepers asked if they could put some hives on his rape field his eyes lit up and he said yes straight away, just ask politely you have nothing too loose by trying.

cheers, don't know many farmers and have been dubious of just approaching them but guess it couldn't hurt.

cheers, yeah some useful info there. have spent last couple of weeks on google maps looking at sites etc.

I spoke to Yorkshire water who gave me a positive response however they rent there land out and it is all let at the moment around me. Yorkshire wildlife trust also have a few sites but limit to 2 hives per site.

Have also had a bit of a response from posted in the Facebook agricultural sale pages for North Yorkshire but no hits yet.

Latest posts

Back