Any recommendations for an answering machine?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenviewbee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
We use a normal telephone answering machine for our business - I get a text message from it if we are out when someone calls and leaves a message, then I can call in and hear the message.
However we get situations where someone leaves a message wanting us to get back to them about a quote for a job and they leave an unintelligible number, so we can't ring back. We can't do a 1471 as the last number dialled would be my mobile ringing in to pick up the message.....
Does anyone know of an answer machine that also records the number who rang?
Thanks

Upgrade your line to caller displayed and the number of any phone calls to your land line are shown. As I recall you need a phone answering machine combination that is compatible with the service. My old one used to show the last 10 numbers.

I had a succession of very pretty secretaries /PAs in my latter working years, and most could take a simple telephone message!

Yeghes da

For this reason I like BT Response 75, used with an old fashioned wired phone plugged into it. -I got a replacement through ebay recently for one I'd had for years.

Upgrade your line to caller displayed and the number of any phone calls to your land line are shown. As I recall you need a phone answering machine combination that is compatible with the service. My old one used to show the last 10 numbers.

With BT if you pay your line rental for 12 months (there's a discount if you do) in one hit you can get caller display FOC.

My bt phone tells me the number that rang wether they leave a message or not.
E

Thanks for the replies - will investigate BT as we are with them and we also do pay the line rental upfront but I'd never cottoned on to the Caller ID aspect. Our phones aren't BT so maybe that needs addressing as well

Latest posts

Back