Annual UK Hive Count

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if post brexit the uk has a bucket of money to give to apiculture where do you think it should go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if post brexit the uk has a bucket of money to give to apiculture where do you think it should go

Into schemes to promote good environment (forage etc) for all pollinators.

Not going to happen, but as mentioned earlier with a percentage of it would be good.

15 euros a hive is better than nowt. Meanwhile they can stick the census up their underfloor entrance where wasps don't fly.

On hand books on how to export honey and still make money.

British bekeepers got a mountain of money couple years ago. Where is it now?

Aren't you thinking of the Eva Crane trust money?

Do you know JBM I'm not sure. When I first joined in 2012 they had quite a bit of money they were spending on roadshow equipment and kitting out the new apiary. I felt sure it mentioned EU funding in one of the newsletters. I've had a look. They are not archived that far back so apologies if I am wrong.

Do you know JBM I'm not sure. When I first joined in 2012 they had quite a bit of money they were spending on roadshow equipment and kitting out the new apiary. I felt sure it mentioned EU funding in one of the newsletters. I've had a look. They are not archived that far back so apologies if I am wrong.

That sounds like the Eva Crane money - we spent ours on queen rearing equipment Swansea on their new bee tent

Do beekeepers in Ireland get direct financial help from the EU fund, discounted treatments, hives, payment towards restocking, etc?

Not that I know of.... I think it goes into a central pot. Some probably goes to FIBKA for education but not certain about that. The likes of MAry Coffey and Grace McCormack get some funding towards apicultural research so beekeepers benefit indirectly from that research. They certainly don't pay for bee inspectors.

Aren't you thinking of the Eva Crane trust money?

I can't recall 2012 very accurately, but could that money have been from the kind and generous bequest left to Welsh Beekeepers by John Hall?

(IIRC about £500 was given to each association - was that approx. the sum?)

I can't recall 2012 very accurately, but could that money have been from the kind and generous bequest left to Welsh Beekeepers by John Hall?

(IIRC about £500 was given to each association - was that approx. the sum?)

you may be right - I know there was more than one bequest.

Latest posts

Back