Angry bees!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really in the general scheme of things. Radio is just one part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Visible light is another, with X-rays and gamma radiation being at the opposite end of the spectrum to radio. Radio frequencies start (from memory) about a million times lower frequency than visible light and carry far less energy per photon.

James
The impact of RF on biology is still being tested. I guess we'll find out. There are a number of studies on pubmed to look at. Particularly affect on mitochondria function.

I'm too busy making tinfoil hats to discuss further. Also, there's a flat earth group meeting after lunch I've to attend. ;)

Actually I thought you were joshing. I can say that “G” stands for generation and a high energy wave typically has a high amplitude and a lower energy wave has a lower amplitude; but thats as far as I go without referring to physics books etc.

Heard it during a beekeepers' question time at Epping Forest many years ago, and the beekeeper described in detail, but all has eluded me. I'll ask around.
[/Q
Found it! erucic acid.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erucic_acid

Originally, Rapeseed was reserved purely for machinery oil and occasionally fed to cattle, as it was largely unpalatable and contained a toxic substance called erucic acid.

However, in 1973 Canadian scientists bred strains that were low in erucic acid and glucosinolate – the bitter substance that made it unpalatable – making it edible and safe for humans and cattle. Rapeseed innovation largely originated in Canada and, in 1978 Canadian company ‘Western Canadian Oilseed Crushers Association’ registered a product called ‘Canola’ – a contraction of ‘CANada’ and ‘OLA’ – from ‘Oil Low Acid’.

The impact of RF on biology is still being tested. I guess we'll find out. There are a number of studies on pubmed to look at. Particularly affect on mitochondria function.

I'm too busy making tinfoil hats to discuss further. Also, there's a flat earth group meeting after lunch I've to attend. ;)
Saw a great quote many months ago
"The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe!"

Mind you I’ve had a dose of 65,000 millisieverts so a little more radiation of any kind probably won’t make any difference
at least you can heat your pasty up by just staring at it :oops: 😁

Radio waves is one of the topics I'm curious about/mulling over TBH. We all know traffic noise disrupts communication between species such as songbirds which will have a sublethal effect on survival. Light pollution disturbs insect species. Surely it seems logical that species which may utilise or be receptive to radio frequencies could be disrupted/adversely affected, at a sublethal level, by all the pollution we produce. It's not directly lethal but it may well have an effect which, summatively with others, impairs species survival.

You're really on a comedic roll today aren't you? And not in the least predictable either! Quite the Peter Kay.

Thanks! He's very successful so that's quite the compliment.

Do you actually have bees yet, or just hanging around on here while you select the right plastic bottle to keep them in?

Do you actually have bees yet, or just hanging around on here while you select the right plastic bottle to keep them in?

I think the point is that Peter Kay is not really all that funny; now if @emmac79 had said, "You're quite the Kevin Bridges, " her critique would have backfired on her. :)

Ouch! Hit me where it hurts, me thinking a youtube video was interesting ;)

I do indeed have bees. Actually, they have me.

Back