And once again the gullible queue up to be gulled

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gullible or not - it's being marketed in the World Wildlife Fund shop and all profits from the sale go to them. I'm a founder member of WWF having joined when I was still at school in the 1960's. It's a good charity and they do some fantastic work. I know this is a gimmick but if it generates some funds to swell their coffers then good luck to them. Why should we deny some people the opportunity to part with their money.

Wish I'd thought of it !

after having had first hand experience of how they work out in Africa, I would never again deal with them I should think a vast amount of the money they raise goes into the pockets of cronies rather than to what people think it goes.

after having had first hand experience of how they work out in Africa, I would never again deal with them I should think a vast amount of the money they raise goes into the pockets of cronies rather than to what people think it goes.
Same with most of the charities i do believe.Top brass on huge wages with a small percentage going where its meant to.Just a profitable business.

Yes, it's a beefibrillator.
No no no.much too fiddly.you must use mouth to mouth.this is what do.but do not let her sting you inside the nose.l take stings like a man or woman with out a whimper.l think some times of that terrible car accident when a bee went in the car and five people died.a sting inside of the nose takes enormous concentration to resist,l can’t do it I rush around in a circle.

Gullible or not - it's being marketed in the World Wildlife Fund shop and all profits from the sale go to them. I'm a founder member of WWF having joined when I was still at school in the 1960's. It's a good charity and they do some fantastic work. I know this is a gimmick but if it generates some funds to swell their coffers then good luck to them. Why should we deny some people the opportunity to part with their money.

Wish I'd thought of it !
What's the salary/emoluments of the CEO?

Honey has some amazing properties; I wonder if it it would revive a bee? ;)
Too many videos on YouTube of Americans doing this in their appiary, they call it feeding bees with syrup for winter.

"s President and CEO of the World Wildlife Fund, Carter Roberts oversees the direction of an organisation which seeks to conserve endangered animals, the environment, and our natural world. He last received a salary of $953,130 (£748,397) in return for his efforts, according to CharityWatch"
https://www.google.com/search?q=wwf...rome..69i57.7166j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
An acquaintance of mine lives by the mantra he never donates to any charity that pays their CEO more than his (my acquaintance) salary..

"s President and CEO of the World Wildlife Fund, Carter Roberts oversees the direction of an organisation which seeks to conserve endangered animals, the environment, and our natural world. He last received a salary of $953,130 (£748,397) in return for his efforts, according to CharityWatch"
https://www.google.com/search?q=wwf...rome..69i57.7166j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Comes under the cost category of raising voluntary funds as do all of their other supposed costs. Their running costs are circa £18m against revenues of £80m with a total spend of £78m. What they don't say is that a further circa £28m goes towards funding their own activities such as growing their network and offices and PR campaigns. Bottom line about 43p in the £ goes where most people would assume it should go, e.g. conservation of the natural world. Still, better than some of the other charities I've seen.

Latest posts

Back