An odd request

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotcha bud but it still stands................huh?

I was given a Tamagotchi by my daughter to look after while she was away and yes it was dead in a day lol what's the point, I told her if you want to see an egg hatch I'll'll to a farm and if you want to see a dragon go and visit your mother-in-law :D

I was given a Tamagotchi by my daughter to look after while she was away and yes it was dead in a day lol what's the point, I told her if you want to see an egg hatch I'll'll to a farm and if you want to see a dragon go and visit your mother-in-law :D

:icon_204-2:

The point was if you don't attend to a puppy's or inference child's needs 24:7 it dies of neglect or accident! Same with flour babies.

Honey is known to have antibacterial properties. Does dungeons n dragons have healers? Candles can be made, ward off evil spirits. Something similar to the phial of galadriel in the lord of the rings. Bee venom? You have Healing, attack and defence there.

Although I have a few years behind me my sons did dabble with D&D for a while. From memory I believe D&D has feeding cycles that tap into health. The fact that a Honeybee has the ability to hold food in a second stomach could provide relief in this area.

Not sure I understood the question properly...

If your fellow players have become beekeepers in real life and you want to add some interesting bee-related storylines in the fantasy world, then read up on bee reproduction - there are lots of great possibilities:
- Virgins who can give birth, but only to males...
- Queens who produce mostly daughters, but switch to sons as their powers begin to fail...
- Daughters who assassinate their mother when she gets too old, or raise a new princess in a secret chamber...
- etc...

If your characters have become beekeepers in the fantasy world and you want to reward them with some appropriate new skills, there have already been some good suggestions:
- Ability to harvest propolis and honey as medicines
- Ability to fling beehives at enemies as a weapon
- Ability to make wax for candles, seals etc

The principles they have learnt about bees are the colony grows, if they watch it carefully then they reap some rewards from it (honey) but they have to split it in half in a controlled way. If they don't then it will naturally swarm and they will lose the colony (probably to be collected by another keeper).
The colony makes queen cells (sort of like coccoons for baby queens) when they are preparing to swarm, beekeepers check for this happening, if they miss it or get the timing wrong the bees swarm and they lose the colony.
They will have learnt the best times to check (or not to check the colonies), cold weather, being bumped around, rain etc can make the bees aggressive.
They have to check they've got enough food, no diseases (varroa is a common parasite).
Forums such as this will have given them conflicting advice.

I hope this info sparks some ideas.

Latest posts

Back