allotment eviction

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for your words. The guy in question used walk around the ploy naked and was seen doing rude things to himself a couple of years ago. I should reportvhim to the police, still might yet as he has caused me the grief.

It's funny how the complainers are often people who have caused all sorts of ruckus before and been 'forgiven' - we've had shedgate twice with our main complainer.

One of the problems we have as a society is that people have become so disconnected from nature that while they yearn to re-connect with it, and thus get allotments etc., but then don't want to deal with everything that comes in the "nature" package. Grow things that need pollinating in your allotment? Oh, well, we like bees, they pollinate things and we don't want them to die out. Can we put some hives on the allotments? Oh no, we wouldn't want them here, people would be uncomfortable.

Well where the frack are we going to put them then? You can't have it both ways.

I been told to remove my hives as they have swarmed twice in three years and had one complainent constantly moaning.

I now have to source some land.

Can anyone assist me as I live in barnoldswick.

Any allotment holdersshoukd take heed don't get bees.

Ha! I had three swarms on one of my neighbours apple trees in as many weeks, last year.

That queen was determined to go and I lost her in the end, despite a timely A/S, splits, etc.

When I had my bees on an allotment, a couple who kept bees also decided they were going to take a frame of eggs from my hive, without asking, to check if their bees were Q-. They took a frame bang from the middle of the brood box and guess what? You guessed it, they took my queen. I was livid!

Just goes to show, some people never learn.

I was looking for a few sites earlier this year. The local town has a facebook page for people to sell/give stuff away. Posted on there and had 3 suitable options within a couple of days. Didn't even have to knock on doors :)

Latest posts

Back