Address on labels..?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Childs10

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I have two sites within Suffolk that I have hives. Site A is near my home address, so on my jar labels I have that address. Site B is at my parents address on the other side of Suffolk. Would it be ok to put their address on the label to sell locally as the honey will be from that area? I would have my name on both but was wondering if it's ok to use two different addresses?

Are they the producer ?
Your address is there in case of problems so you can be found and contacted.
In reality do as you like the chances of their being a problem are small. But the consequences harsh.
I know a of person that does farmers markets and labels honey for what ever area she is selling. She doesn't even have bees lol.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I'd speak to your local Trading Standards' people to get a definitive answer.

The purpose of the address on the label is for the authorities (Trading Standards, Public Health, etc.) to be able to contact the producer or packer in the event of a problem. It's not intended to be some form of advertising provenance of authenticity - that you do on the product name - Sudbury Honey or Beccles Honey. As you are the producer, my own view, based on the above, is that your home address should be on both labels as you will have the honeys' production records.

CVB

Ooops, I was typing while Nige answered.....

Advice from Trading Standards ( Cornwall) was to have a generic honey label with your production facility HQ address/ weight.... product of UK etc.... and then have a separate label giving apiary/batch/lot best before etc etc....

For some unfathomable reason ... as with level of liability cover... it seems to differ greatly from County to County

Mytten da

Last time I looked your address was a legal reqt. I suggest you read the legislation, it is produced frequently both on this site and the BBKA.

Last time I looked your address was a legal reqt. I suggest you read the legislation, it is produced frequently both on this site and the BBKA.

But you don't need your entire address just enough so that you can be traced. I thought I'd throw that in for folk who are running out of space on their labels ;)

But you don't need your entire address just enough so that you can be traced. I thought I'd throw that in for folk who are running out of space on their labels ;)

:yeahthat:

I have just the postcode and house number on mine and have a stamped self addressed envelope posted thro the system all franked up just in case TS come calling to prove I can be traced from just that.

Latest posts

Back