Adding nut allergy info to your jar labels

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevo1977

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi Folks,

Do you add nut allergy info to your jar labels?

Surely if jars are being washed in dishwashers where other kitchen equipment is being washed there is a risk?

Me neither. But I don't use the dishwasher. It holds too few jars. I rinse them, put them on trays and give them 15 minutes in the oven at 160 degrees.

Hi Folks,

Surely if jars are being washed in dishwashers where other kitchen equipment is being washed there is a risk?

What is a "dishwasher"?

If we go by that yardstick, if I used my dishwasher (SWMBO is not allowed near it, she hasn't a clue how to load one or even how to open it by the look of the stacks of dirty dishes on the worktop next to it) I would have to add not Halal, definitely not kosher, not suitable for gluten intolerants (although SWMBO seems to manage fine using dishes washed in it) lactose intolerants, vegetarians, vegans, recovering alcoholics and fussy bloody eaters :D

We're not in the beginner section are we?
………………. Probably get censored (via someone who didn't study or was bullied at school) !

:iagree:

she hasn't a clue how to load one
Think it's a left brain / space awareness thing, (similar to map reading)?
I would have to add not Halal, definitely not kosher, not suitable for gluten intolerants . . . . and fussy bloody eaters :D

Would be complete twaddle if we had to. Was expecting this ridiculous speculation to become less as we move forward after 1st November, should we include everything that might be there however impossible??? :svengo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks,

My Grandfather said I had a work allergy.... never put it on his honey labels, but then most people who had suffered the 2nd world war and following years of austerity and deprivation were not the fussy pants generation we seem to have evolved into.
SO to be exact unless it is honey with walnuts or percan or almonds NO !

Daft question!¬

Nuts

I wash the jars in hand hot water then 20 mins in the oven at 100 degrees, lids get scalded with water at 100 degrees from the kettle.
Maybe my bees have visited a peanut bush though? Should I be worried ?

Maybe my bees have visited a peanut bush though? Should I be worried ?

All depends on who you upset, seems some professions are more likely to complain than others!

I suppose if you were to intentionally add something like wax?

(some dodgy characters add empty drawn combe to their honey):sifone:

then it should really be listed on the label?
Unless of course you think you're above the law? :gnorsi:

Last edited:
this is not very clever subject ,somebody try to complicate live of bees and beekeepers.
if no one know what bees collecting,then my ask them???
or my what about to teaching and exams for bees what they have to do????
especially hygiene because every single bee if have choices ,pick up dirtiest water around eaven from septic tank
or may I have to talk them to not doing???:rules:

or my what about to teaching and exams for bees what they have to do????
especially hygiene because every single bee if have choices ,pick up dirtiest water around eaven from septic tank
or may I have to talk them to not doing???:rules:

My bees like slurry from the neighbours farmyard 😃
I suspect the original poster’s question may have been tongue in cheek.
Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Latest posts

Back