A useful beekeeping kickstarter

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domino

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I got pinged about a beekeeping kickstarter today

I normally sigh went people do this, because the typical beeking kickstarter is rubbish.

However, seeing this one I back it as they are foldable swarm traps and seem rather handy.

I'm not going to put the link here but if you search for bait hive on the kickstarter page you'll find it.

I like trapping swarms and these would mean I did use nucs to do it.

I got pinged about a beekeeping kickstarter today

I normally sigh went people do this, because the typical beeking kickstarter is rubbish.

However, seeing this one I back it as they are foldable swarm traps and seem rather handy.

I'm not going to put the link here but if you search for bait hive on the kickstarter page you'll find it.

I like trapping swarms and these would mean I did use nucs to do it.

Empty correx nuc. From the loooks of it reproducing a cardboard nuc. Shouldn't it be bigger?

If he made it in a 14x12 format, he might get closer to the optimum bait hive volume. He says he's had success with prototypes though.

For the price of one of those, you could almost buy a Maisies' poly nuc although that of course is not flat-packable for storage and does not come with straps and bungies.

Clearly, a lot of thought has gone into this product but it's the price that could kill it.

CVB

Latest posts

Back