Beekeeping not a "sexy" hobby!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
I went into a charity shop yesterday to ask if they had tights for sale and explained that I was a beekeeper and wanted them to prefilter wax in my solar extractor. The girl behind the counter rather non plussed said that plain 15 denier would be likely be fine. She followed this up with the phrase "You'll hardly be needing anything with lacy tops will you." I can report that the plain ones have worked a treat in the sunshine today and I should have a slab of lovely wax filtered through the tights and 4 layers of J-cloth and ready to turn out of my silicone loaf tin when it turns cool tonight. My wife hasn't batted an eyelid with this latest fetish and not a lacy top in sight but the tights are now unwearable - but then she is very understanding and she does get to use the wax for beeswax wraps .

I think I'd have responded to the girl on the counter "No, I save those for date nights."

I can't see what's not sexy about a hobby that can involve dressing as an astronaut though.

James

I think I'm doing it wrong! I use the nylon bags my wife gets her wool for knitting delivered in!

Latest posts

Back