a dead parrot riding a bike in scotland

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
banksy hunting finished with he has also started to suffer from boredom so he thought he will try pushing on a bit today for a wednesday finish, he spoke to us at lunch and had just got to taunton and has par in mind for tonight with a very late finish which puts him about 60 mile away to tomorrows finish.

the whole family apart from me is now in mobiliasion mode and is decamping south at stupid oclock on wednesday, we were hoping to get the people down at the lands end centre to help meet him but they have decided not to answer phone calls or emails for the last week so i think they have stopped doing it now down there so we have instead organise sister and mum and great grand dragon ( mother in law) and friends so we should make up for it

the only downer we are having with him at the moment is that with all the moors to cross or circle the hills are killing the legs now and unlike scotland when they were fresh he is feeling tired now and they are becoming hard work for him. but with a hundred odd miles left to do and several hundred done the boy ant done back by any measure

Can you get the local Press down there, Pete?

I agree phone the local paper ahead , he sure deserves a welcoming cheer !! we know how far hes done I believe he will make it with his determination, I wil be cheering him on over the finish line, if not in person then in my thoughts ..

Last edited:
well today i am the BIG BIG BAD WOLF,

the whole family hates me that much no one is speaking to me, i quite enjoy the peace and quiet realy

any way tims target today was from moretonhampstead to lands end but due to a couple of punctures he was short by 12 miles last night, so today got up early to do the final leg but after speaking to him at three he was still now where near st austell to i pulled the plug on it, so the whole family left sidmouth to go to cornwall for nothing so every one hates me, except tim who needed the rest and for someone else to take the blame.

he had not realised how hilly cornwall is and so far there are more ups than downs, also his knee is starting to weaken from the last 950 miles, so tonight tim is in st austell with mumsy having a family feed and a great grand dragon flapping around him, before finding somewhere for a last nights camp

everyone, bar tim is back off to sidmouth tonight and everyone decamps back down for a mid afternoon finally of the dead great parrot trek tomorrow, i have asked his mum to lighten every thing off the back of the bike tonight for him as its a little wet and so doubling the load weight, so hopefully all he will have tomorrow is a small tent and thats it.

so hopefully on friday we can upload some of the pictures for everyone and again many many thanks for all of you we have managed to seperate from a few quid.

to all of tims supporters many many thanks for your hard work and moneys, pete

how many more miles has he got to do ? poor guys knees must be worn out,
keep your chins up .. we are rooting for you :)

3PM

tim finished at spot on 3pm today thursday, completley cream crackered and very tired, mum has dumped tim and the well worn bike into the car and is not driving the four hours home from cornwall to brum, we have a massive banner outside the house as you would do and plenty of cold beers in the fridge.

again i can not thank you all , for your support and help with donations

Well done Tim it’s a great achievement and something to be proud of.

Brilliant, What a family! You've really achieved something Tim and I send you my heartiest congratulations on becoming one of 'the heroes' this was about'

Well done Tim from another Tim ( but one with considerably less leg muscle!). Great achievement not worthy

wonderful, what an epic.. my heartfelt congratulations to you all ,especally your modest son Tim, be proud as a family..

in two weeks time his has decided to do the coast to coast, its only 140 miles so he is going to do it over two days, well he has gone up and down so you might as well do side to side,

he does like the idea of doing one next year in aid of the childrens hospital where his brain tumor was removed and the idea is either straight across france or top of holland down to normandy

but he waiting his bum to stop glowing bright red

Latest posts

Back