• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold .

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 23129

New Bee
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a few quality overwintered Carpathian queens which were bought from Becky's Bees last year. I've been working with them for a few years now and they've been great to work with, I've rarely had to use smoke with them with the exception of a few days in March/April when they've been grumpy. But generally they don't take much notice of me on smokeless inspections, sometimes they are a little curious for a few seconds then they get back to work.

In the three years I've worked with them they've yielded as well as the Carniolan's, but impressively have shown virtually no signs of swarming. Only a few empty 'play cells' found over these years! My bees do have plenty of room to expand though.

Anyway, I'm switching my hives to British bred Buckfast now to 'keep it local' otherwise Id stay with with them. I prefer them to Carniolan's because of similar yields but without the swarming instincts, generally they build up colony size a little quicker than Buckfast's in early spring.

They'll be ready from the 12th of July, in a couple of weeks.

£20 each, £4.50 postage. They are shipped out via first class post on Thursday's only = due to our rural location. They'll be sent in a padded, well ventilated envelope in a queen cage with attendants and fondant. Collection most welcome. Cash on collection, or payment via bank transfer for posted queens. Please note, I only have three available!

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards,
Davey

Attachments

• CarpathianQueen.jpg
    CarpathianQueen.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back