2 National hives stolen in Inkpen, Berkshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of interest - (I have my hives, some in garden and others in out apiary about 20miles away) - what sort of distance away from their home to members of the forum have their hives?

Two + two nucs in back garden about 3 metres form where I sit now and two more in fenced area on school grounds 6 miles away.

all bee hive theives should be named and shamed with their pictures sent to all bbka members and associations.

Out of interest - (I have my hives, some in garden and others in out apiary about 20miles away) - what sort of distance away from their home to members of the forum have their hives?

Not the best question to ask in a thread thats about Hives being stolen. :)

Most of my hives are behind the top of my garden within reasonable shotgun distance from my back bedroom window (before the hand wringers start again, I have a very large garden - with Thomas Wilde No 1(my 12 bore magnum shotgun built in 1911) if i stuff a couple of 52 gram number 1's up the breech it would just leave a superficial flesh wound, but leave a bit of a mess in their undergarments as she makes a hell of a bang)
If they try my out apiary - I'm afraid my friend's father (in whose orchard they are) is a bit less lenient - but being pretty high up in masonic circles he doesn't care. They will be despatched with a bit more class though - he keeps his William Evans of Purdey's No1 of a pair next to his bed loaded with Eley Kynoch's finest game load, and as a second chance - his Churchill is downstairs in the grandfather clock!!.

The local farmers around me used to clear us off their land by firing rock salt into our backsides ,most missed but that which connected didn't half sting .
Kept us away for a couple of weeks :D
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I quite understand the feelings of the Gun fraternity in preferred methods of dealing with these subhuman gits. Having held tens of firearms for some forty years I advise caution when expressing some of these, understandable, thoughts. Last inspection of my security arrangements, was told that I needed thicker net curtains as someone could see me when I opened gun safe. It's on second floor. Adhere to Home Office guidelines on Firearm security and PLEASE refrain from posting comments which could be seized upon and used against you when Certificate renewal comes round. The anti gun people love any chance to get firearms banned, and remember, when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have them. I also keep bees.

[/QUOTE] :i agree: very sensible worded
a gun is a dangerous tool in the hands of a fool
if someone enters your property and does damage
leaving you at a loss, he or she should not be allowed
to leave with more than they interred with,
be it with a stake wrapped in barbed wire connected to
electric fence ?? 12g lead poisoning ?? concrete boots in
a meter of water with the tide coming in , what ever floats
your boat ,[ But ] it must happen on your property
and he can't be running away like a coward and thief does
:sorry: but someone had to say it even if you are by the gate
and and he gets out say goodbye and accept your