2:1 syrup measurements.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will have your own recipe of course ~ I have found that adding liquid glucose helps keep it soft. at the the rate of 2lbs sugar,
1/2 pint or less water, 1 tablespoon liquid glucose.
AND
I’m always keen on more honey fudge recipes.

I've crossed the wires--oops. I was referring to homemade fondant for the bees. Mind you it would probably do the same for fudge 😟

'Just following orders.' I read that a teaspoonful is supposed to stop it getting moldy, though to be honest, it's never around for that long!
2:1 doesn't get mouldy - I had a gallon of it once forgotten about in the back of the shed - no mould at all after two years

God, I remember the days when we just boiled sugar and water to hard ball temperature and poured it in a container to set hard. That went over the feed hole for the bees to lick all winter if they needed it! It worked!

God, I remember the days when we just boiled sugar and water to hard ball temperature and poured it in a container to set hard. That went over the feed hole for the bees to lick all winter if they needed it! It worked!
But you are VERY old Eric ... I'll bet you remember when bees weren't bees .... :):mad::devilish:

:facts: It still does, but we have become more sophisticated about it. :coffee: 🆗

Latest posts

Back