1930's feeder

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little John

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
50+
They are great to see.

However, if you like those go to the British Pathe website which has a stack of Newsreel films from the 1930-1950's. Just enter bees in the search field and sit back for an hour or two browsing through some amazing films.

This is one of my favourites, but the ones that stun me are the ones featuring kids handling bees and wearing clusters as hats without a single sting!

They are great to see.

However, if you like those go to the British Pathe website which has a stack of Newsreel films from the 1930-1950's. Just enter bees in the search field and sit back for an hour or two browsing through some amazing films.

This is one of my favourites, but the ones that stun me are the ones featuring kids handling bees and wearing clusters as hats without a single sting!

Thanks for link. So very intresting and not just for bees.

I want one of those queen detectors. Is making them a lost art? It looks like no more than a bit of painted wood but it homes in on the queen every time. :)

It was the guy beekeeping in his suit and fedora which amused me. A couple of others wearing brown lab-coats and plus-fours - but not one veil or a pair of gloves to be seen between the lot of 'em ... until near the end when they went out on the moors. They must have had very different bees back then ?

LJ

but the ones that stun me are the ones featuring kids handling bees and wearing clusters as hats without a single sting!
ah thats because its before they started suffering from hyper lazy playstaion nut allergy brought on by orange juice.

Latest posts

Back