๐Ÿ Revolutionizing Beekeeping: BeeMotion's Winter Hive Solution ๐ŸŒก๏ธ

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekap

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
๐ŸŒ In a world where bee populations are crucial to our ecosystem, Beemotion is addressing a critical issue: winter survival of bees. Their innovative product raises hive temperatures, saving bees and increasing honey production. ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ

๐Ÿ”ฌ By using temperature and humidity sensors, Beemotion ensures the well-being of bees while eliminating the need for pesticides. ๐ŸŒฟ

๐Ÿ“ˆ This scalable solution not only safeguards our environment but also offers beekeepers monitoring tools for business optimization. ๐Ÿ“Š

๐Ÿก Easy to install, packed with benefits, and a game-changer for beekeepers. Let's support the bee-saving mission! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘

watch the video:

Would "help" if they gave any information as to what this "innovation" actually is!
I would assume itโ€™s the system of heating the hives so it reduces the varroa population.
But you are right, not much info.

Did I understand this correctly - warming the hive in Winter will increase honey production?

On instagram there is a picture of a heating element that would probably fit under a hive. Finman got there before them, with his heating elements. Nothing new @The Poot it would help in brood rearing in spring. Bug Farmer on YouTube has his own version.

Reactions: mwd
On instagram there is a picture of a heating element that would probably fit under a hive. Finman got there before them, with his heating elements. Nothing new @The Poot it would help in brood rearing in spring. Bug Farmer on YouTube has his own version.
I put a 60w pad in the bottom of a hive the 2nd year I got bees, it didn't seem to make any difference and it was a pain to power!

I put a 60w pad in the bottom of a hive the 2nd year I got bees, it didn't seem to make any difference and it was a pain to power!
I don't think Finman went as high as 60w for a hive. There are Chinese ones at 12v 10w that are supposed to reach temperatures of 50ยฐC. I have used one in the past in a mobile incubator that I made.

I don't think Finman went as high as 60w for a hive. There are Chinese ones at 12v 10w that are supposed to reach temperatures of 50ยฐC. I have used one in the past in a mobile incubator that I made.
Actually thinking about it I think it was 12w and 12v. - yes mine got converted to a mobile incubator. - i can just plug it into a cigar lighter

The original post is just a cut and paste from the show notes for the YouTube video, which is talking heads from a Tech Show in Valencia where the company won a grant.

I've tried searching on the net, including using an AI searcher and there doesn't appear to be any information about the company at all. Even the email address in the YouTube video appears to be to an African TV company, which had a piece about the Tech show on it.

As others have said through it appears to be a heat pad of some sort.

- Prize of 10,000 euros sponsored by Banco Santander: BeeMotion Tech

These are the winning projects from the creation of the startups

BeeMotion Tech is a project that seeks to increase honey production and bee care through temperature control of hives, breeding nuclei and fertilization of queens;

- Prize of 10,000 euros sponsored by Banco Santander: BeeMotion Tech

These are the winning projects from the creation of the startups

BeeMotion Tech is a project that seeks to increase honey production and bee care through temperature control of hives, breeding nuclei and fertilization of queens;
So that's where the exorbitant interest I'm paying on my Santander mortgage is going ! I wonder if any of MY patent bee inventions could qualify for a grant .. I should have an inside track as I bank with them as well ... albeit not for much longer as they are the WORST bank ever !

So that's where the exorbitant interest I'm paying on my Santander mortgage is going ! I wonder if any of MY patent bee inventions could qualify for a grant .. I should have an inside track as I bank with them as well ... albeit not for much longer as they are the WORST bank ever !

When I started my first company I chose a small "private" bank because they had a good reputation for customer service. The business was sold some time later to another similar bank who were equally good. Sadly that bank then got bought out by Santander, who eventually merged the newly-acquired accounts into their utterly horrible internet banking system. It's still utterly horrible.

Not long after the purchase I was informed that they were moving to two-factor authentication and would send a text message with a passcode to my mobile phone to confirm my login (sometimes) and every transaction I set up. When I phoned them to point out that I work from home and have no mobile reception I received the auditory equivalent of a blank look. They'd actually not considered the possibility at all and had absolutely no answer as to what I could do when they enabled it.

James

Latest posts

Back