I am tempted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently got a very nice tax rebate. So...

I am fed up of my cheap table saw being inaccurate, set it up as I might it wonders off so...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Charnwood-...-Saw/16034192049?iid=332371986545#UserReviews

Might anyone here have experience of these?

PH
Everyone loves a tax rebate!

I for the dewalt site table saw and its incredible and takes up much less space than a standing variant. The functionality is more than enough for ripping up to 30 inches or so.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I RIP to 8mm bee space and its spot on

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

This is the one I have ... never let me down, had it about 10 years and it wasn't new when I got it .. with a blocking piece will cut almost to veneers with accuracy.

Downsides .. no T slots, but the fence, once set up, is firm and accurate and there is a sldiing mitre fence with a locating rail that works well. Good dust extraction port and it does need a dust extractor.

The blade rise and fall mechanism is a handwheel geared to the point where from top to bottom takes forever.

The blade guard is a nuisance - easily solved but not recommended.

I got mine for £60 ... next to my bandsaw it's my go-to saw for just about everything.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electra-...849210?hash=item3fc5e1ccba:g:t-wAAOSw1rxdEK1w

Changing the blade is painful and time consuming.

Well I joined a FB woodworking group and a number of people on there have one and raved about it so yesterday the card got used. Should arrive tomorrow.

The current table is a cheapie from screwfix and it is incapable of maintaining accuracy and as I cut a lot of half lap joints it's a complete pisser. Especially when cutting insulation for various jobs.

I will report on how it performs after some testing.

PH

Latest posts

Back