Zip file

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Comb

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
10+
I'm trying to send an IWF video to a fellow beek.
It's 71MB so won't go through the email system.
I right click on the file and it says (7 zip) compress and mail. It does this via Outlook (Internet Explorer is my usual method) but is not received at the other end.

Any suggestions as to how to send it?

(As you will realise, I'm a computer numpty)

Yes Forest of Dean Beekeepers is the one I think.
IWF site itself has gone.

Would still like to know how to sent one though.

Zipping should have long gone by now, most have massive connections and hard drives so what is the need?

PH

Zipping should have long gone by now, most have massive connections and hard drives so what is the need?

PH

It keeps everything together if you are sending a lot of different files, although that's not the case here. For space saving reasons it really depends on what you are sending. 70 Mb of text files will compress considerably but videos and the like are generally well compressed already.

As to the OP - you could get something like dropbox.com, upload it and then send the link.

Dropbox works, but so does yousendit.com. Very well.

The Dropbox free account doesn't have a 50mb limit like Yousendit does, Peter's file is 71mb - I've just sent a 408mb file up to Dropbox for a friend to pick up with no problems.

The Dropbox free account doesn't have a 50mb limit like Yousendit does, Peter's file is 71mb - I've just sent a 408mb file up to Dropbox for a friend to pick up with no problems.

Ah yes, I've been paying for a larger one for business use.

Thanks to all, esp. Bros.
Dropbox worked a treat.

For interest, 7zip will also split the file into manageable chunks for you which can then be stuck back together at the other end.

Back