Yippee

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindylou

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,

Am delighted to say that we picked up our first nuc last night.

It seems ages (well tis just over a year) since we went on our taster session
and have been on the beginners course so it is all systems go now. Been just sitting and watching them for most of the day but I expect you all did that at some time.

Hi Dusty

I shall probably be joining your idiots corner only too soon

Come on in! There's a lot of us around at present.

It's been great fun so far. And a bit stressful.

But I've found a good welcome both here on the Forum and at my local BKA.

Like any ancient craft, there are grouchy, hoary old sons and daughters of the earth who are custodians of The Truth - and some brash young things who know better.

Some good cat-fights on the forum if you care to watch.

But sitting with a cup of char, newspaper, watching the bees go about their business, is very therapeutic.

So far, that is. (Can you hear the distant chuckle of more experienced keepers?)

Dusty.

But I've found a good welcome both here on the Forum and at my local BKA

Couldn't agree with you more, there is so much information available to NewBees on this Forum, and I too have found my local BKA very welcoming and the training of the highest standard.

I also know I will fall at the first hurdle (have already fallen several times), that even the most experienced Beeks are stumped sometimes, and the Bees don't read the books.

Enjoy Lindylou and keep posting to let us konw how you get on.

good

and the Bees don't read the books.

You're learning fast;)

Welcome to you. Put your questions on this forum and you will get a lot of help. Mostly from people who know more than I do. Often you get replies quite quickly and interesting discussions too.

Hi all,
Been just sitting and watching them for most of the day but I expect you all did that at some time.

And I bet you're still sat there grinning every time you think about them. (I know I was ;))

Congrats - it's been less than two months since I got my first nuc, Every inspection I do, I get better - but still forget 50% of what I'm supposed to be checking for :banghead:

Welcome Lindylou - great avatar :)

Last edited:
What is it they say -You learn something new everyday ,for me its remembering that ,enjoy your Bees great to sit and watch ,thinking time i call it .

Thanks everyone for your replies. I shall indeed keep you all informed, of my mistakes and hopefully my better efforts. Is great to know help is on here should I need it.

learning

:conehead:
What is it they say -You learn something new everyday ,for me its remembering that ,enjoy your Bees great to sit and watch ,thinking time i call it .

And if you don't it's been a wasted day

Latest posts

Back