Yet another lidl microscope @ £50

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why you had that road tarmacadamed. Smile!

That's not another; that is the previous one. This will be at least the fourth time it has been on offer.

I have one but apart from the on-screen and easy saving of data a cheep cheep tool; I prefer to get the old CTS out as that is a good quality instrument. But this is adequate whereas the one last week probably was not (even if VM does has one).

RAB

Could anybody tell me if these microscopes include software for Mac - I think the make I saw in Lidl recently was 'Bresser' and the relevant info doesn't seem to be available on there website
Thanks
Ed

Could anybody tell me if these microscopes include software for Mac - I think the make I saw in Lidl recently was 'Bresser' and the relevant info doesn't seem to be available on there website
Thanks
Ed

I gather that no Mac software is included.
Which answers what you asked.

However -
There is some open source software called Macam that supports some Bresser scopes.
But the software is old. While it runs under 10.5 its not automatically happy under 10.6 - and I have no idea about use with 10.7
This scope is designated "Biolux NV".
The NV is not explicitly listed under Macam supported devices.
But it might turn out to use the same "PC Eyepiece" (camera) as one of the Bresser scopes that is supported.

So, it might be workable with a Mac using software from -
http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/
What makes this slight possibility much more useful is that Lidl has an extremely relaxed return-and-refund policy. I've returned various things and never had any hassle from them.

Otherwise, your alternatives are to explore the dark side with Parallels and the like (running Windoze on your Mac).

I have one of these scopes and for the cash its as good as you can get I would say. Far better than I thought it would be.

It will need a good clean when you get one as I had artifacts all over the place when I first got it.

Baggy

The Doris was there first thing before work and has one waiting for me when I get home. Nice early Christmas then;-)
Will see n give it a good clean with me co2 duster and have a look at me dead bees that will be waiting for me as the sun is out and they will be flying. Come on cold weather. OA needs to be done.

"have a look at me dead bees that will be waiting for me as the sun is out and they will be flying. "

surely if flying they are not dead.

They cant fly. They have no wings!!

Or Linux (Ubuntu)?

It does not have special software for Linux but it does not need any. Plug in the camera and it just works (this is not Windows you know!) with your favourite webcam software. I use "cheese" on Ubuntu.

I bought this microscope last year and am quite impressed for the price.

Paul

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

It does not have special software for Linux but it does not need any. Plug in the camera and it just works (this is not Windows you know!) with your favourite webcam software. I use "cheese" on Ubuntu.

I bought this microscope last year and am quite impressed for the price.

Paul

I too use "Cheese" on Ubuntu. Just works!! I bought the Lidl microscope about 2 years ago and it is fine. A few artifacts which I don't seem to be able to get rid of but for the price ....

Latest posts

Back