Winter weather in UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lowest temps I have seen to-day were at Hurn -10.4 & Odiham -9.9, taken this morning at 0800

-10C overnight , -8C at 7am inside our greenhouse.

-5C as I write..

(did not stop me running.. I must be mad:)

:iagree:

got down to +2 here last night, chilly ;)

Currently +2C here in E Scotland and raining. Above zero in all but two of the 58 networked live weather stations in Scotland. After the media frenzy over a predicted fall of snow in England, up here we're all .......

:lurk5:

with a touch of

:sifone:

Hope it doesn't inconvenience you too much though.

G.

The weather in the UK is very unpredictable.On one hand we have the advantage of the gulf stream keeping us relatively warm compared to others on the same latitude. At the same time we are a small land mass not connected to mainland Europe making our weather hard to predict and less stable. The temperature yesterday morning on the out side thermometer was -6.5c and on the car was -7c at the same time radio Newcastle was saying it was 3c.

Only -6C here last night:) The coldest night so far was -8C. Wall to wall sunshine has the temperature up to -2C.

The forecast is no improvement for at least a week and 2 of my hives could do with a slab of fondant. A real risk of isolation starvation if this goes on much longer.

"The lowest temps I have seen to-day were at Hurn -10.4"

Yup, spot-on, that was the temperature here (about 4 miles from Hurn) this morning around 6.30.

Mind you I used to live in Canada, and with the windchill it got down to -40 C.

Wet here now, no snow.... three nights of below -3'C but... several years ago after a rather urgent appendix removal it snowed the on the 3rd day after - 28th of Feb... the only time i have ever wishes snow away i was being picked up and taken home by my soon to be wife... this must be the mildest most confusing winter yet... i am torn betwen wantign a cold snap and now thinking well spring aint far away can we go back to +9'C etc ... and no more freezing nights...

OH currently waist deep in snow. awaiting a third ploughing.
however she's one of the few in the village that's mobile since we get ploughed to the door whilst everyone else has to clear own drives even if roads clear. latest snow fall not yet up to axles of the disco.

Me in Lincs - -5.5C last night and again first thing this am. wonderful sunny crisp winter morning. nice to drive on dry roads. local garden centre empty when i got there to top up bird food supplies.

It's warmed up a bit the last hour - only -1 in the chamber of secrets, -6 first thing this morning and -8 or 9 the last few nights. Lunchtime yesterday in the next valley it was -4 and -6 in the dips

Latest posts

Back