Windows 10

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used windows whilst teaching IT for over 34 years. I personally moved to a MAC for home use about 8 years ago - I would never go back to Windows, I use it once a week in a part time job - bloody nightmare.

I moved to Mac at home in 2008 and never looked back, so much better than Windows, and use Linux at work. Whenever I come across a Windows machine it feels very oldskool.

Having said that, I did upgrade an old Windows 7 box to Windows 10 a while ago and despite having to hack around the video drivers as the card wasn't officially supported I found 10 better than 7.

I have 10 on a tablet and cant really say if it's better or worst than 7, both are crap. compared to apple technology.

The keyboard is rubbish compared to the iPad - I do seem to spend a lot of time moving it around so I can see what I'm typing. Not really had an explore of settings yet though.

The keyboard is rubbish compared to the iPad - I do seem to spend a lot of time moving it around so I can see what I'm typing. Not really had an explore of settings yet though.

It's still a higglety pigglety system and windows apps are rubbish. Better off paying a bit more for a tab with android technology or buy an ipad

Been a Unix/linux user for 35 year. Twice been bothered by "hacks", anyone remember the sendmail worm ? Possibly the first worm ?

Anyway, 35 years almost rock stable systems, then last year was forced to use a Microsoft system. Blocks most days, database corruptions that require expensive support contracts to fix... and people accept this as normal!

Back in the free world a security issue in openssl was revealed on Wednesday, I learnt about it this morning and all systems updated by 10am. Meanwhile Microsoft systems are still using versions from 18 months ago.

Last edited:
I use Windows 7.

IT good enough, but what makes me angry is all kind of advertising. Time runs in the jungle of pop up carbage which jump when ever to my eyes.
I cannot use even email, when the someboby is "hey, have you thought!"

And now, when I google in Firefox, over half of page is advertising.

Last edited:
My iPad is my general computer whilst having coffee but my PC is Windows 10. No problems, works well, use chrome, no problems. Don't know what all the fuss is about! :)

Don't know what all the fuss is about! :)

I have heard that similar fuss 20 years. My is bigger than yours.

Ordinary people do not use those features in computers.

When I was at work, very few program supported daily work. Programs were full of carbage.

Carbage in, gold out.

But computers renewed quite often.

(public works, you know)

Last edited:
I use windows 10 at home and Mac OS at work. I prefer windows over the Mac OS which is purely a personal preference - having to google what key strokes give me a # on the Mac drives me bonkers.

They all have their pros and cons.

Latest posts

Back