Progress report: The Easy See plastic window in my veil.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amari

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
On Feb 18th I reported fitting a clear plastic window into my veil to improve vision when trying to see eggs etc. At that stage I had not opened my hives but promised to report back.
https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/threads/what-did-you-do-in-the-apiary-today.8543/page-1792#post-858209Since then I have done several quick hive inspections and find the window improves my vision of small details within the comb. My lightweight bee suit is rather floppy so I wear a hat which lifts the window to eye level. A baseball cap might be even better.6FAD3D2C-EDF9-4125-B028-0353AB5A5CF7.jpeg

My lightweight bee suit is rather floppy so I wear a hat which lifts the window to eye level
just hold it in place with a tactically placed drawing pin to the forehead

On Feb 18th I reported fitting a clear plastic window into my veil to improve vision when trying to see eggs etc. At that stage I had not opened my hives but promised to report back.
https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/threads/what-did-you-do-in-the-apiary-today.8543/page-1792#post-858209Since then I have done several quick hive inspections and find the window improves my vision of small details within the comb. My lightweight bee suit is rather floppy so I wear a hat which lifts the window to eye level. A baseball cap might be even better.View attachment 35817
You may be onto something there. I too find it difficult to see small details like eggs in the comb. My reading glasses just magnify the mesh of my veil making things worse. I've taken to using a hand held magnifying glass which is awkward to hold while handling the frames. Maybe a +3 or +4 magnifying section at the bottom of the panel would be an improvement?

https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/threads/what-did-you-do-in-the-apiary-today.8543/page-1792#post-858209Since then I have done several quick hive inspections and find the window improves my vision of small details within the comb. My lightweight bee suit is rather floppy so I wear a hat which lifts the window to eye level. A baseball cap might be even better.View attachment 35817
great innovation

Hi I'm really struggling with my vision too - do you know if Easysee have a UK supplier? Would be really helpful, thanks so much and have a great season! Rory

too,

Hi I'm really struggling with my vision too - do you know if Easysee have a UK supplier? Would be really helpful, thanks so much and have a great season! Rory
@SteveG phoned Valerie at Beekeeping Equipment | The Easy See . She told him that there is no UK agent at the moment but negotiations with a Scottish outfit are underway. The cost of the kit with postage from US would be about £50.

@SteveG phoned Valerie at Beekeeping Equipment | The Easy See . She told him that there is no UK agent at the moment but negotiations with a Scottish outfit are underway. The cost of the kit with postage from US would be about £50.
Thanks - I asked in a UK fb beekeepers group and the Scottish guy has them arriving in a week or so

Ha, sorry everyone- I'm new to the forum and hadn't spotted the notifications. It's Mac Card, think he's based in Invernesshire - tell him I sent you.

Back