Windows 10 Updates

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with downloading all the updates is that if your machine needs a reinstall windows won't let you as the OS from the disk is older than the Os you have on your system if you are not using version 10. Nice touch Microsoft......of course you can always BUY the latest bersion! Ubuntu for me when I get to that stage!:)

The problem with downloading all the updates is that if your machine needs a reinstall windows won't let you as the OS from the disk is older than the Os you have on your system if you are not using version 10. Nice touch Microsoft......of course you can always BUY the latest bersion! Ubuntu for me when I get to that stage!:)

I may have lost the plot again but, I had Win 10 installed by my favored computer geek so I have a NEW version of Win 10 installed independent of previous system, it's the B****y updates that are going to cost me £20 per month. We all know Microsoft and Google are going to screw the world fairly soon but I'm hoping to die before then.

I may have lost the plot again but, I had Win 10 installed by my favored computer geek so I have a NEW version of Win 10 installed independent of previous system, it's the B****y updates that are going to cost me £20 per month. We all know Microsoft and Google are going to screw the world fairly soon but I'm hoping to die before then.

:icon_204-2:
To be honest, I stopped downloading 'updates' quite a while ago as they just fill up the disk and you have to keep 'tidying' the backup files out or run out of space, Not had a problem since adopting this regime and Windows virus tools are carp anyway so no advantage to them.:)

You can limit the Windows 10 updates. If you're connected by WiFi, simply go into the WiFi settings and mark your connection as "metered".

If you're connected by cable, that won't work However, you can go into the Updates settings, click advanced and choose to defer updates - that works for WiFi too.

Latest posts

Back