WHO

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just logged into the rotary watches account on my laptop to arrange a service for one of my watches. by the time I popped over the river to post it and come home, my facebook feed is full of watch advertisements!
Always disable all cookies and set your browser to prevent tracking

We were forced to have a smart meter installed with threat we would no longer be able to have off peak electric . So we caved and had it installed.
So of course it doesn’t work to send a signal where we are so still have to read it and report it. Anyone worked out how to read them? Nightmare. Old meter simple look at the two sets of figures. Smart meter have to go through a very specific sequence of 8 press or press and hold to get to the rates and doesn’t tell you which is night or day rate. Grrrrr.

Just purely coincidence I’m sure……..
a few weeks ago SWMBO was having a conversation in the office about private healthcare - next time she and her colleagues looked at their phones, it was plastered with adverts from BUPA

We’re meant to have smart meters, but they’ve stopped being smart, apparently they will be fixed sometime. In the meantime I still have to send I. Readings every month. I will not have an Alexa. And I don’t have a smart tv either.
smart meters only benefit the suppliers I will nver have one. There is plenty of research infos online about the harm they do

a few weeks ago SWMBO was having a conversation in the office about private healthcare - next time she and her colleagues looked at their phones, it was plastered with adverts from BUPA
A couple of salesmen in a team I managed had Siri on their phones and purposely had a conversation about a particular item to see what would happen. Both of their phones lit up with the same adverts for it.

Any apps you have allowed microphone access to can listen in. Just go to settings and turn them off

I've had the same myself, just conversations with my wife about this or that, only to find adverts appearing next time I'm online. It's happened more than once, the most recent was after I told her I'd seen a rat down the garden.
Cue the ads on how to deal with rats, etc.
That's too random to be coincidence.

I've had the same myself, just conversations with my wife about this or that, only to find adverts appearing next time I'm online. It's happened more than once, the most recent was after I told her I'd seen a rat down the garden.
Cue the ads on how to deal with rats, etc.
That's too random to be coincidence.
Goodness ... we really are in Big Brother territory now ... only a short step to the Thought Police !!

I thought you’d say that!
It's actually a bit of a worry .. if this is really happening (and I have no idea how it is ...) then there are serious concerns. If the airwaves are picking up conversations and those conversations are being translated into media marketing opportunities - there is something terrifying going on. My comments may have been tongue in cheek but really ? Does this not give you all some deep concerns ?

I hope (and I'm not sure) that what you are seeing IS just coincidence and not reality .....

Scan for tracking cookies!
Yes ... I check my computers regularIy. I must admit that Google searches and Facebook (the latter I don't use although I have an account) are the worst for throwing up adverts - but what people are taking about is not physical searched - they are saying that unconnected conversations are being translated into directed mareting ... which should not be happening - indeed I'm not sure it should be possibe ? Perhaps someone with more tecky ability will be able to tell us ? ...

Yes ... I check my computers regularIy. I must admit that Google searches and Facebook (the latter I don't use although I have an account) are the worst for throwing up adverts - but what people are taking about is not physical searched - they are saying that unconnected conversations are being translated into directed mareting ... which should not be happening - indeed I'm not sure it should be possibe ? Perhaps someone with more tecky ability will be able to tell us ? ...
You're right. It's not happening.

Latest posts

Back