When to start feeding sugar syrup? and How much is required?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The difference between feeding syrup and inverted syrup - is it mostly a date/temperature issue (I know the chemistry is slightly different) and assuming it is, when would you switch from one to the other pls? In case it’s important I’m up north and feeding a nuc…flow is just about holding but getting cooler by the day now…

The difference between feeding syrup and inverted syrup - is it mostly a date/temperature issue (I know the chemistry is slightly different) and assuming it is, when would you switch from one to the other pls? In case it’s important I’m up north and feeding a nuc…flow is just about holding but getting cooler by the day now…
In my experience invert doesn’t go off even if it’s not capped.
For me it’s not a question of switching. I use what I have. I started them on sugar and when that ran out I moved in to my invert stock.
A big colony will keep the syrup warm anyway but of course they won’t take it if they are clustered. That’s where poly wins

Latest posts

Back