When do you say enough?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I lived in UK, I hived a swarm I found on my fence panel one day. They turned out to be the most aggressive bees I have ever seen. In my built up area situation I had no choice but to kill off the whole hive using a petrol soaked rag shoved in the entrance. Our garden was 100 feet long and they would get you coming out the back door !

Do bear in mind that if you cover the who;e of the exposed brood box with a towel the colony will calm somewhat - and you can just peel back the towel one frame at a time to inspect. Have another towel ready so that when you have 4 frames exposed you can cover them too, slowly exposing a frame but re-covering with the 2nd towel. It really does help a 'flighty' colony.

If they are always like this -as suggested- requeen from a different stock!

Off topic: I have been hearing that "Bing" is the new Google..

Bing is to be the browser of choice for Apple, who have eclipsed Microsoft as the larger software giant. Apple seems to be returning to it's position of power that it once held back in the 1980's.

Internet Explorer usage figures are down past 65%. Fortunes are slowly changing.

IE down yes and Firefox is next followed by Opera.

Who uses Apple? I have never even seen one in 15 years of computing.

PH

I use Apple. Apparently better at art and design work - or so the children claim.

Come a long way from backing off from the bees to discussing comps. :)

No idea what apple market share in the uk is but I suspect pretty small. 9.93% in January so Google says. Bigger than I guessed I must admit. I thought about 3%. However still a minnow.

PH

Google Chrome's the browser of choice for me.....I can have umpteen web sites open at once :sifone:

No idea what apple market share in the uk is but I suspect pretty small. 9.93% in January so Google says. Bigger than I guessed I must admit. I thought about

They're pretty small in the PC market but growing rapidly. Mobile devices on the other hand are a different matter. They manufacture the de-facto MP3 player, have very good smart-phone share and currently the only serious tablet computer.

All things considered Microsoft should be worried. Apple have pulled markets they really wanted to break into from under their feet (mobile, mp3 and probably tablets)

I have multiple Java windows open at once together with Flash. IE was/is rubbish and crashes after 2-3 hours. Google Chrome is far better: I tried Firefox and it is better than IE but not as good as Chrome.

Microsoft are living on momentum and idiots imo...

The only issue is some websites only work with IE (YouGov for example) so I still have to use it 10 minutes a week :-(

I have multiple Java windows open at once together with Flash. IE was/is rubbish and crashes after 2-3 hours. Google Chrome is far better: I tried Firefox and it is better than IE but not as good as Chrome.

Microsoft are living on momentum and idiots imo...

The only issue is some websites only work with IE (YouGov for example) so I still have to use it 10 minutes a week :-(

Uptime 105 days + Browser Firefox 3.5.9 CPU AMD Sempron 2200+ 1GByte ram. Not exactly a powerhouse and would struggle with Windows beyond XP I don't doubt.

.........have very good smart-phone share and currently the only serious tablet computer..............

An Oxymoron surely???

Serious....... tablet...... <Tilt....> its a toy for the sort of people that like "look at me" toys......

I am not saying it won't make millions..... but "serious" Purleeeeese!!!!!

e and currently the only serious tablet computer.

Well seeing as they discontinued the HP TC 1100 you might be right. It's just HP did it better in 2003.

Latest posts

Back