What's the dumbest question you've ever been asked?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a dumb question, but might raise a smile;
From 11 year old girl during school visit:-
"You know those drones, the boy bees, well, just how long is their penis?"

Not a question but complaint similar to 1 above. “I put newly brought queen into hive between frames and went back a week later and queen and attendants dead I want my money back”. It turned out hive was new frames of foundation and no other bees apart from attendants

One of the most frequent i get is " i have a swarm in my chimney, they only went in last month, , can you come down and collect it?" and were only 100 kilometres away.
Just as was said by B+, the untouched really dont have any idea whatsoever and obviously :rolleyes:were all blessed with the fact we do nothing all day except sit around waiting to spring in to action, like a fourth emergency service! :sos:
i find it funny really and i think when you become a beekeeper you get so in to your bees that we cant come to terms that there actually is other people in the world that couldn't give a Sh1t about bees !! but WE all know they dont exist!!!:icon_204-2:

Last edited:
I got asked today how to remove a Wasp's nest from behind a skirting board inside a house, and during the conversation as I was outlining the options, the person asked " would there be a queen bee in that nest? ". I thought of this posting straight away. I really struggled to keep it together.

When I was on the swarm collection list, phone call, I have 2 bees in the house can you come round and remove them? I asked, "Have you got a swarm in the garden"? Answer "Don't know, haven't been outside to have a look“.
Me: "Ring me back if you have a swarm".
Them: "Are you coming round to remove the 2 bees"?
Me: "No".

Can't believe nobody has mentioned this one;

"so you keep bees"?

Yes,

"Do you have all the gear then, Suit, Gloves, smoke thingy etc"?

No,:rolleyes: I do it in Budgie smugglers & flip-flops! :svengo:

Mine isnt a question but a comment made by my neighbour (whose a wee bit arrogant which made it even funnier) when learning i had two hives and recently caught a small swarm, he said " im surprised your garden has enough flowers to support two hives ".:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

My neighbour when I gave him a jar of honey said to me. He didn't think I would be able to do it . It wasn't me numbty it was the bee's he said he didn't think there was enough flowers around . Are you blind I was thinking 5 honey supers later he won't be having any more it's to nice for arrogant folk....

When selling bulk jars to club members;

Them: I want 6 off 1lb jars please
Me: Sorry they come in boxes of 72 as per my email
Them: Well I only need 6
Me: Tell you what, You buy 6 for the price of a box and I'll throw in 66 for free. How's that sound?
Them: Really? that's great thanks

When selling bulk jars to club members;

Them: I want 6 off 1lb jars please
Me: Sorry they come in boxes of 72 as per my email
Them: Well I only need 6
Me: Tell you what, You buy 6 for the price of a box and I'll throw in 66 for free. How's that sound?
Them: Really? that's great thanks

I like it. Bright lot, aren't they? :icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back