What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ragwort comming in and the comb is bright yellow and smells of urine
Oh dear - ragwort honey isn't so tasty. I always try to take any honey off before they get onto it and leave them that as stores for winter - mind you there is plenty of it where I am. smaller quantities may not be toooo bad.

H Balsam, had been suspecting it, from the white splash across the bees and yesterday in the car I finally saw swathes of it.

Thistles come in to their own when other forage is short, where I am some ivy is fully budded won't be long before they open.

Thistles come in to their own when other forage is short, where I am some ivy is fully budded won't be long before they open.
The nectar is thin though.. It all helps I suppose.
I'll check the ivy but three apiary don't have it locally.

Goji Berry plant (just found out that this was what it was!) - bees all over the purple flowers. Ivy nearby not open yet so hoping my girls will finish capping the last frames so I can take the supers off....

This colony are starting to kick there drones out, bringing in gorse pollen, and defending there keep!
They are drying nectar by the sounds of it, hive hefted heavy so no feeding for this colony.

I got there in the end:party:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back