What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes theres ling also, bits of bell flowering in places, the ling Heather will hopefully benifit from the rain..
I didn't want to walk to far.
Picture 3 is ling Heather

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Good luck. I love heather honey. My most favourite. I always buy some from a couple of people here on the forum.

I've bought some of someone on here also.
Doesn't Heather honey only have to be 45% and above to be classed as Heather honey unless its pure of course and stated on the jar?
Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have not noticed my neighbourhood's two large Black Locust trees in bloom this year. Just googled that the flowers appear after the leaves have formed. Still hope then?

Think you’ve missed it around me it was out 2-3 weeks ago

The lavender is flowering nicely here and lots of people in the street have it in their gardens. Got some great snaps of [probably] my bees.

Attachments

• 825C28AC-B862-404B-9C00-104618BD3A8F.jpeg
    825C28AC-B862-404B-9C00-104618BD3A8F.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 81D3EE2A-A7B8-4A3D-931B-18870B9BC165.jpeg
    81D3EE2A-A7B8-4A3D-931B-18870B9BC165.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 28
Many acres of linseed just starting to flower but not a lot of use to the bees. Certainly not worth my bees travelling the mile plus to get to it.

Attachments

• IMG_11.jpg
    IMG_11.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
There's a lot of linseed around here too ft his year - instead of rape. Too far away for my bees though.
Still waiting for most brambles to flower, though some have opened.

Think you’ve missed it around me it was out 2-3 weeks ago

I saw the dried up racemes of black locus this afternoon. Looked like a bad year for my neighbourhood.

Brambles are coming on here, however I'm not seeing a lot of fresh nectar coming in yet :/
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5443.JPG
    IMG_5443.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 163
Bramble in full flow here, privet just starting, saw my first Rosebay willow herb the other day as well, HB not far off

Very heavy bramble and privet flow here. Lots of bees at the entrance fanning. You can hear the hum from inside the hive.

It's Buddleia Globosa.

Whoops -Beaten to it! :)

Last edited:
Have a large one of them on the allotment but not seen a single honey bee on it this season, bumbles on the other hand all over it.

Latest posts

Back