What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear your bramble is flowering now, most up here is still in bud and the sycamore flowers got wind blasted off the trees so precious little there.

My bees all over the cow parsley (Arthriscus sylvestris) this afternoon. Rows growing along the hedgerows here in the green desert of dairy land. The brambles should be in flower shortly, then if we have a good year the small leaved limes along our driveway at the start of July.

Lime just starting break here along with brambles but saw lots of bees on the water hemlock dropwort and cow parsley.

A temporary change of scene. Salou in Spain. Beautiful and sunny.
Walking around seeing lots of honey bees on what I think is Mesembryanthemum. Another flower that looks like begonias but i know isnt lol.
Some of the palm trees are flowering and I'm sure the bees are up there too.
It seems people either live in apartments or huge houses. Most of the houses here are holiday homes :cry:
Some keep bees and harvest in July.
Only seeing their hives twice yearly. Very strange.
I hope the uk is having some good weather for all our bees to forage on.

What a fabulous sight, wish I could grow something that magnificent up here 😋
That's a shame Murox - is it too wet and windy? - presumably not too cold, being bathed by the Gulf Stream. I believe there are rose growers in Scotland eg Cockers of Aberdeen.

IMG_3276.jpegIMG_3272.jpegIMG_3267.jpeg
Bees were on the brambles yesterday and the water cress - the orchid is a FIND on scrub land where there isn’t any grass much just in front of the hives, I had a walk down in the wood on the farm and there are orchids down there but not flowering

That's a shame Murox - is it too wet and windy? - presumably not too cold, being bathed by the Gulf Stream. I believe there are rose growers in Scotland eg Cockers of Aberdeen.
The proximity of the gulf stream does mean we actually get very few frosts, but its mainly the almost constant winds, for example this last week has seen Crocosmia and Michaelmas daisy foliage scorched/withered by winds in my garden, which is of course why rain is horizontal up here. The rains do mean that hydrangeas can do well in sheltered spots.
;)

Wild thyme and common rock rose on the Great Orme, Llandudno, north Wales yesterday. Plenty of bee activity.
Looks lovely. Did the area ever have trees on it? I couldn't find an answer on the internet....

Latest posts

Back