What weather forecasting website do you use?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have 2 apps on my iphone one of which is the met office and i get totally different results from both! :hairpull:

I use all of them ... there are loads on the internet - but I've come to the conclusion that the only accurate prediction of UK weather at the moment is by looking out of the window ... you will then know what is happening in the next five minutes, after that it appears to be anyone's guess !!!

I use all of them ... there are loads on the internet - but I've come to the conclusion that the only accurate prediction of UK weather at the moment is by looking out of the window ... you will then know what is happening in the next five minutes, after that it appears to be anyone's guess !!!

:thanks: :iagree:

accuweather gives you about four weeks forecast for your post code
In the UK, there's no model that has any skill beyond around 10 days. No point looking at anything further than that.

ones that I can't get access to outside of work! Which sucks, cos they're awesome! but then I do work for the weather guessers, so there has to be some perks...

Ok, here is the website/forecast I use, primarily for my flying but also useful for beekeeping.

If you decide to use/sign up (it is free), then please click the occasional link for him as it keeps it free for us!

He gives weekly forecasts, each day, as well as longer range.

http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtv2.php

xc smacks you straight on the nose with the bad news

[wetterzentrale.de-topkarten-fsavneur.html ] if you can access this site it is good, they don't forecast fine weather for the bank Holiday weekends like met eireann and are usually on time not 12 hours late shows all the charts for Europe and you can make up your own mind no change expected here til next weekend google translate is great

I just ask Dusty Rhodes, and he just asks the Big Man.
Simples
;)

A colleague at work and a group of his friends did some 'extensive' research into the most accurate site (I suspect this means a few beer-fuelled evenings but I don't doubt his intellect and rigour!) and says that the Norwegian met office is the best -- I've been using it for a few months now and it's certainly better than the BBC and I think it's more user-friendly than the UK met office. None of them are perfect, of course! Perhaps I'm just grumpy because I haven't been able to get out this weekend -- when the sun was shining I had other things that I "had" to do -- now I have some time but it's raining. Grr...

A colleague at work and a group of his friends did some 'extensive' research into the most accurate site (I suspect this means a few beer-fuelled evenings but I don't doubt his intellect and rigour!) and says that the Norwegian met office is the best -- I've been using it for a few months now and it's certainly better than the BBC and I think it's more user-friendly than the UK met office. None of them are perfect, of course! Perhaps I'm just grumpy because I haven't been able to get out this weekend -- when the sun was shining I had other things that I "had" to do -- now I have some time but it's raining. Grr...

I gave up when the Norwegian one constantly reported "light air" when it was gales...

Accuweather and netweather, for the jet stream.

Latest posts

Back