What type of bee is this?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DobbyIsDead

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
So I came home last night from the cinema with my friend jill and to my horror I saw a oversized looking bee in my dining hall.

I was wondering if you bee experts could Identify which type of bee it was? Thanks In advanced!

image012.jpg

So I came home last night from the cinema with my friend jill and to my horror I saw a oversized looking bee in my dining hall.

I was wondering if you bee experts could Identify which type of bee it was? Thanks In advanced!

image012.jpg

A very rare species that makes a sound like a 'woof' rather than a 'buzz'. Can be found hanging around lamp posts and is particularly attracted to trees rather than flowers!

That bee doesn't look amused LOL

image012.jpg
Not too sure, but I am sure I don't want any of it's honey

Looks like an Apis Canis to me.

Sometimes workers, but more often found behaving like drones in human hives... :)

Thank you for all your suggestions. I think it was some kind of cross breed between some household pet, my bet is a cat of some sort. Bee's are horny little things...
It actually disappeared from my dining room last night along with all the meat contents from my fridge but it left some of the sausages on the floor which I am analyzing right now for DNA, it seems to be a substance that attracts a lot of flies and it doesn't smell like sausage so I will not be having my bangers and mash tonight as I planned with my wife, sue, yesterday. I will however be making spaghetti for tonight.

Last edited:
Never mind the dog more concerned that Sue, your wife will realise you took your "friend" Jill to the pictures instead of her :smilielol5:

Thank you for your concern for my wife. Although tempted to take her, she dislikes the comedy romances I personally enjoy whilst my friend jill appreciates a good comedy romance. If you must know, Sue is more into a good horror and she was at her mothers house, who is 90, watching the saw series.

Sounds like my kind of woman, lol :)

i was under the impression that men (at least those who aren't good with colours) only sat through "comedy romances" in expectation of the fair "compensation" due afterwards.

nice to see that at least someone is happy to talk about their "unconventional" social arrangements without recourse to a superinjunction!

Latest posts

Back