What label for Orcio jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beeline

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I was interested to know from anyone who has used Orcio jars before, what size and shape label they used.

I was concerned the rectangular labels for my hexagonal jars may not work as the orcio appears to have two curves to deal with and so could end up with creases.

From memory, I'm sure someone here on the forum posted a few pics of their Orcio jars displayed for Xmas sales.

Tag labels look great on fancy shaped jars and do quite well especially if people are buying as gifts.

I use round ones on a similar jar, one on the round front and one on the lid. The front contains all the info, the lid says it is my honey! The printing is really difficult to fit on. Rectangular ones will not fit cos of the creases. I do as Tom says and tie a tag on with ribbon for extra info about honey. Sell for top price for Christmas presents in a little white bag, buy cheap glass with a bee on it and sell jar of honey and wine glass for £15

E

Thanks. Sounds like a tag is the way to go then. I think I may sell them now in these jars as they do look great and some people like to bring presents with them for dinners with mates.

Finally managed to find someone who prints lid labels. I then got some small rectangular labels (35 x 20mm) with all my details, batch no., etc - not the main focus but still evident.

Think it came out rather well.

Might take Enrico's advice and get some of those material bags for xmas presents.

I'm still battling to get Phil from Honey Jar labels to respond to my emails. I'm after bespoke labels made for my hex jars (not the lids) but I don't know who to go to. I know some people print their own but I want something a little quirky and any home jobbie of mine will look amateurish.

Attachments

• orcio jar_1.jpg
    orcio jar_1.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 55
... I know some people print their own but I want something a little quirky and any home jobbie of mine will look amateurish.

If you are really an amateur beekeeper (and incidental honey producer), it may be advantageous NOT to present your product too 'professionally'. ;)

Latest posts

Back