What is your 'buzz' about keeping bees?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buzzin

All of them except the seventh! quote (RAB)
Just about to get my observation hive up and running (weather permitting) i just love watching them
i would like to put two frames of brood at all stages without a queen and see if i can watch them start from scratch and them team together to save the colony Mother nature is the best not worthy

The feeling you get when you think you have them doing what you want them to.

And the feeling the next day when they throw it in your face.

And then you actually get the feeling again the next time!!!!!

I dont learn do i?

also that flush of joy when you spot a catchable swarm.

The 7th point is what makes it all worthwhile for me;
- cool string vest top throw back round hooded veil
- topped by pleasing white overalls with pinched in waist
- and the icing on the cake is if I need gloves( to impress onlookers) I wear blue latex gloves with olive green gauntlets, tops the outfit off to a tee and I'm sure I wouldnt look out of place strolling down the trendiest catwalk puffing my smoker.
forgot to mention the farmesr co-op wellies, in black of course !

Last edited:
The 7th point is what makes it all worthwhile for me;
- cool string vest top throw back round hooded veil
- topped by pleasing white overalls with pinched in waist
- and the icing on the cake is if I need gloves( to impress onlookers) I wear blue latex gloves with olive green gauntlets, tops the outfit off to a tee and I'm sure I wouldnt look out of place strolling down the trendiest catwalk puffing my smoker.
forgot to mention the farmesr co-op wellies, in black of course !

well, that definitely calls for a picture :eek::eek:

Lots of different reasons coming out here.
For me it's the seasonality and the sense of year on year same but different activities.
It's also my English and Polish country peasant farmer roots coming out.
Oh AND the shed and all the bee gear.
Cazza

In responce to Brother Pete's posting ( Pete D Page 4 )
Yep... He watched my interest grow over the last few months.
And as soon as we put a swarm in a Nuc in my back Garden , I'm off the starting blocks not worthy.....
I'm now looking for a couple of National hives & will sign myself up for a basic course A.S.A.P.

And yes , I've already been stung..
I guess laying on the lawn watching bee's go in and out of a Nuc , wasn't the best idea....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've always been interested in bees from a young age. Moving from a city centre apartment to the countryside sealed the deal!
Who knew bees would be such a drain on the wallet! Whenever I'm online I get shouted at! "stop spending money on those bloody bees"

Who knew bees would be such a drain on the wallet! Whenever I'm online I get shouted at! "stop spending money on those bloody bees"

just say you're looking at, ahem, adult sites, much simpler :laughing-smiley-014:laughing-smiley-014

Latest posts

Back