What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got round to making some more moulds for candle making to increase my rate. Shown after demoulding the templates. Hope to test these tomorrow. I'm cautiously optimistic. If successful this will quintuple my rate for making this style.

20221125_145618.jpg

Any hints on how to cut stainless steel mesh please? I have wire snippers but they're not up to the job.
I use tinsnips, to be honest I've never bothered with S/S mesh, I have galvanised mesh here which have endured ten years or more of OA sublimation from under the floor and they are still going strong.

I use tinsnips, to be honest I've never bothered with S/S mesh, I have galvanised mesh here which have endured ten years or more of OA sublimation from under the floor and they are still going strong.
I'm not fussy about SS. But The Mesh Co. are selling a pack of 8 stainless steel on Amazon for less than galvanised from C Wynne Jones.

I use 50 year old tinsnips. Heavy but cut most things.
Angle grinders not as dangerous as table saws!

If I understood @Wilco correctly, a well-fitting plywood tray below mesh would be similar to a solid floor.

I didn't mean to get untreated wood! That's the problem with Click and collect. I guess I'll need to seal the ply though how I'm not sure how effective that will be. I'll place a sheet of correx on the board to monitor debris and mites - whatever the ants and moths don't take.

Attachments

• IMG_20221126_102022337_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221126_102022337_HDR.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221126_102118757_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221126_102118757_HDR.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
I have a farmer friend who thought it was a good idea to sit on the floor with his legs open in a V shape and tried to change the disc....he also thought he could get away without unplugging it!
He knocked it "on" and it made a dash for his family jewels....left a whopping big scar up his leg and a very concerned look on his face!

he also thought he could get away without unplugging it!

That's just damn stupid. Totally consistent with the behaviour of my father-in-law though, who by no coincidence whatsoever is missing two fingers and half a thumb on his left hand :( (This is a man who stores several jerry cans of petrol right under where his grinding wheels are mounted and even removed the safety cut-offs and belt guards from the ride-on lawnmower after he'd managed to roll it several times.)

James

I use my sliding saw with a universal blade but trap the mesh below a piece of timber and saw through both. it stops the mesh from kinking and catching on the blade.

Back