What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have colour coded tiddlywinks stuck on the boxes. :blush:
Have done a stock take today and shock horror.......I have only one serviceable brood box. The rest are in use, combining four colonies into two. One Swienty brood is to paint and not enough foundation to do all the ASs that will be inevitable.

Castellated 18 shallows ready for the upcoming OSR.

Recycled a sheet of supalux found while at work. Going to line part of my bee toolbox where the smoker goes. Don't want the bee van going up in flames :)

Converted some supers to 10 frame castellations, made up a brood box and made a new hive stand.

I bought some plastic foundation from Mann Lake to try out a super full.

It was a bit of a faff getting them into national super frames, as they are a tad smaller and need to be in exactly the right position to tack into the frame.

I also made up some clearer boards, cleaned out my solar wax extractor, clarified a load of wax and lots of other similar jobs.

Then went out to meet the novices who will be attending apiary evenings at the Association.

All in all, a very satisfying day.

Dusty

Made up some 14x12 brood frames, and 16 supers, 12 of which have plastic foundation for the bees to try. Added the frames to supers on 2 hives.

Put together a super and gave it a coat of woodpaint to match the rest of my kit.

Burnt and stripped down a second-hand nuc I've got ready for fix and rebuild for swarms.

Put new foundation into 10 brood frames in prep for needing brood frames for AS's

Inspections mostly today, but over the weekend made three new hive stands (just in case :D) and cramped up another load of supers and brood boxes for myself and the association. Still busily making up brood frames.

Hey , last week , made up brood frames.... This week, super frames, Target 100...
By Tuesday.....

Just finesh 200 super frames and 100 brood frames and now remember why I hate useing rampins

Brought a cabinet off flebay and made myself a warming cabinet, lined it with 25mm celotex, used a a STC 1000 temp controller and an RS enclosure heater, just need to try it out now.

Experimented with a box design I've been meaning to try out for years: 50mm Celotex sandwiched in 6mm ply. Starting off with a nuc box: having fun with easily-defended entrances etc. Mk 2 will have underfloor, I think...

Made up a Crmcl BB and gave it two coats.

Made another three clearer boards and five JBM Floors.

Painted hive stand.

Cut my finger. The new saw (with proper guard) arrives Tuesday.

Attachments

• vinger.jpg
    vinger.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 22
  • zaag.jpg
    zaag.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 22
Put a large groove through my thumb a few years ago.I still don't use a guard but am very careful with where my hands are in relation to the blade

Put a large groove through my thumb a few years ago.I still don't use a guard but am very careful with where my hands are in relation to the blade

I always cut using electricians gloves. Means if your fingers do stray into the blade, you get torn glove and with any luck a little skin loss only.

Latest posts

Back