What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately means she has to isolate for 10 days so will probably be posting a Christmas pancake under the bedroom door on the 25th!
Sounds like heaven to me - last year was the best Christmas we'd had for years!

We’re in Scotland, rules are stricter. All household members need to self isolate for 10 days from when symptoms first began. We’re all doing lateral flow tests every day as well. I can go to the out apiary though as long as I avoid contact with anyone else!

We’re all triple jabbed except my daughter who was due her second, she’s the one who got Covid.

She actually did a PCR after being in contact with someone who was positive and it came back negative. We were planning to go out shopping but she didn’t feel v well so did a lateral flow which was positive, so we all did aPCR and this time hers was positive, really glad we didn’t go out the day after the PCR.

She’s also fully isolating from the rest of us as she doesn’t then want one of us to get it and it be prolonged, it’s hard as a parent not being able to do more but she wants to get back to normal life asap! Teenagers famously like staying in their rooms anyway right?
Ah sorry to hear this. Hope you can enjoy Christmas as best as you can :xmas-smiley-016:

But surely if you are in daily contact it makes sense to isolate till you are both negative or is your other half in isolation from you?
OH is isolating upstairs and I’m only popping in masked up with food and drink. She’s actually feeling pretty rough which is crap as she had Covid last April and still suffering from long Covid. I didn’t catch it then either. Weird.

OH is isolating upstairs and I’m only popping in masked up with food and drink. She’s actually feeling pretty rough which is crap as she had Covid last April and still suffering from long Covid. I didn’t catch it then either. Weird.
Hope she feels better soon

Just had a phone call from my daughter in law to say the my grandson who was staying with us last night has just tested positive on a LF test....... more testing for us over Xmas it would seem. 😊

Self isolating in the workshop today after a + LF test.
Tidied up the workshop and knocked up 10 supers for clients.

Finished the painting on the first WBC hive I've managed to resurrect from the multiple lifts, floors and roofs I acquired in return for a days work strimming and tidying!
View attachment 29763
Are you going to put some bees in it ? ...I regret giving away a WBC I acquired in similar circumstances...

Are you going to put some bees in it ? ...I regret giving away a WBC I acquired in similar circumstances...
I have some nationals in other people's gardens so I thought I'd slip them into the WBC's to make them a little more aesthetically pleasing.

In the workshop today building supers/brood boxes/floors/roofs, and painting with cuprinol country shades (willow).
Also making frame after frame after frame.... Oh and maybe a few more frames for good measure.
Sorting out 4 wbc hives to bring them into use in the spring.
Have a good day

Why are you putting landing boards on? How are you going to stack up a truck full of hives to move them?
Colonys that are moved to Heather or any crop benefit from a landing board.
Alot of the floors with landing boards will be on permanent sites.
I get where your coming from I will loose space but if you position them in the right way you can still get hives tight together for strapping etc.

Latest posts

Back