What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wax rendering and sorting out old frames. I've sort of 'shot myself in the foot' by developing a more efficient uncapping system. It has meant less damage to frames, so there is less wax to render! As I am beginning to realise that wax is equally, if not more, valuable than honey, I'm wondering what to do next season. Concentrate more on honey or wax?

Attachments

• Fourcandles...jpg
    Fourcandles...jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 23
  • Uncappingwithheat.jpg
    Uncappingwithheat.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
I've been wax rendering and sorting out old frames. I've sort of 'shot myself in the foot' by developing a more efficient uncapping system. It has meant less damage to frames, so there is less wax to render! As I am beginning to realise that wax is equally, if not more, valuable than honey, I'm wondering what to do next season. Concentrate more on honey or wax?
Both I would, I to have come to the conclusion wax for candle making is worth loads, we are rendering wax for candle making as a few shops of ours have asked for candles, we plan to do scented jar candles and candles from silocone moulds.
Another thing one of our shops is selling our Heather honey for £19.50 per 8 oz I almost fell over yesterday when I was delivering jars and saw the retail price. :oops::eek:

No need for swear words, you read any books written by Heather men and they say that hives benefit from them.
Interesting how you think sometimes jbm, maybe your just stuck in your ways and thoughts in some cases.
Saying - if you've got them then you swing them!

ITLD makes his living from heather. Not a landing board to be seen. I reckon you can class Murray as a living heather man
Interesting how you think sometimes jbm, maybe your just stuck in your ways and thoughts in some cases.
There’s more than one way to skin a cat, Mark.
You have your landing boards somewhere else.

I never S#e#r on here.....yet often seem to have posts removed. Apparently, putting people right about Crypto trading was as good as telling someone to F**k **f this morning! The whole subject of Green Energy and how to address it was removed :willy_nilly: "Don't Panic Captain Manwaring!" :willy_nilly:

The whole subject of Green Energy and how to address it was removed
No it wasn't - it's just been moved to the cupboard under the stairs because someone took offence at the topic drift - as if that's never happened on the forum before now! :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2:

I never S#e#r on here.....yet often seem to have posts removed. Apparently, putting people right about Crypto trading was as good as telling someone to F**k **f this morning! The whole subject of Green Energy and how to address it was removed :willy_nilly: "Don't Panic Captain Manwaring!" :willy_nilly:
Get access and you can keep posting. It was very interesting

Colonys that are moved to Heather or any crop benefit from a landing board.
Alot of the floors with landing boards will be on permanent sites.
I get where your coming from I will loose space but if you position them in the right way you can still get hives tight together for strapping etc.
Put them in container and move as such, avoid loading/unloading of each hive.. I am not migratory beek, but if I decide to say hell to all and go on road.. I will go only with container.. The spine is irreplaceable.. I was talking with one old excellent beek ( queen producer also) and his spine is sadly as question mark..
Type in google picture search " pčelarski kontejner" and see.. At my place last year prices weren't too high for what You get..

It's in the environmental and political section ,....

https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/forums/pesticides-environmental-political-issues.19/
Just go there and request access and you can carry on without offending the more sensitive souls on here ... it's all there, not deleted, just obscured from general view.

Put them in container and move as such, avoid loading/unloading of each hive.. I am not migratory beek, but if I decide to say hell to all and go on road.. I will go only with container.. The spine is irreplaceable.. I was talking with one old excellent beek ( queen producer also) and his spine is sadly as question mark..
Type in google picture search " pčelarski kontejner" and see.. At my place last year prices weren't too high for what You get..
Thanks Goran I'm going to Google that now.
I plan to use a tractor and flat bed trailer this season to move hives around it will save numerous trips and lifting colonys so much I hope.
Thanks for the advice.Flat bed trailer

I plan to use a tractor and flat bed trailer this season to move hives around it will save numerous trips and lifting colonys so much I hope.
Thanks for the advice.Flat bed trailer

If You want one cheaper and smaller variant, these platforms are - one of them cost in Croatia around 900 GBP - new of course ( there are lot of pics - just slide them to see:

https://www.njuskalo.hr/pcelarstvo/pcelarska-platforma-apital-oglas-25076976
https://www.njuskalo.hr/peradarstvo/pcelarske-platforme-atestiran-autoprikolice-oglas-31357050

Thanks for the advice.
I use a method of getting them on and off a trailer without lifting them. It might work for you too. PM me if you are interested and I can give you more details.

No it wasn't - it's just been moved to the cupboard under the stairs because someone took offence at the topic drift - as if that's never happened on the forum before now! :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2:
Is that where the posts go that when you click on a topic it says that the content is no longer available? I’ve often clicked on an interesting looking link without success….

Latest posts

Back