What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was passing so I checked on five hives and three were flying and yellow pollen entering the hives.

Yes, just shake them out over the tops of the frames, no problems with fighting, and no sprays or other things used.

Wow, wow, wow... you'r the man. That's the way to do it! Five minutes to find an unmarked queen! No pussy footing there then! Pls let us know that it all worked out ok, be nice to have a happy ending confirmed.

Must be me but I find unmarked queens with ease............ about the only thing I do with ease lol

It just becomes normal to find queens very easily, and quite quickly, even virgin queens in large colonies, even almost knowing what frame they are on before you pull it....practice, a form of intuition, i don't know, never really gave it much thought, but i find it easy.

It just becomes normal to find queens very easily, and quite quickly, even virgin queens in large colonies, even almost knowing what frame they are on before you pull it....practice, a form of intuition, i don't know, never really gave it much thought, but i find it easy.

I wish I could find queens easily :(

Not much water fetching here but my Mahonia and honeysuckle smelt and sounded fantastic.
Also noted some hives with a good number of orientating bees.
Some hives no be action whatsoever. They are in there in good numbers with plenty of stores so I'm not concerned about them.
Cazza

Bees really busy today fetching water as far as I can tell.

A sign of brooding getting underway. You may need to be feeding them before the OSR, or the OSR may be early. Out in bloom during the last week in March in 2012.

So beware, stores may start to diminish rather quickly if this weather continues as it is.

RAB

Hefted 4 hives. All ok for weight. Bees came out of all 4 to see what was going on.

Bees really busy today fetching water as far as I can tell.

A sign of brooding getting underway. You may need to be feeding them before the OSR, or the OSR may be early. Out in bloom during the last week in March in 2012.

So beware, stores may start to diminish rather quickly if this weather continues as it is.

RAB

Thanks for the heads up

:thanks:

Bees flying today! They've got fondant so I'm hoping they'll last to the end of winter.

M

Back