What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
put it this way, i packed up in about 30sec flat and got to the car where i have some prescription antihistermine tablets, then whento the local cafe for a nice cup of calming tea with one sugar ( i dont usualy have sugar in tea but thought i needed the sugar buzz)

applied a steroid cream when i got back home and binned the bee suit, third time the zip has gone, it was repaired then failled again and repaired for free

at least i could still swallow a nice glass of wine tonight, though i do have an egg shaped lump on my throat but t least i am not being moan at for not talking to SWMBO

currently looking at a new buit suit on the web

Last edited:
Several years ago on a nice Summers day and before I became a beekeeper, I was enjoying a nice can of beer in the garden, then after a refreshing swig I felt something in my mouth, too late, I swallowed it and got stung inside my throat, it had to be a wasp.

I didnt know what to do, for some reason I took a swig of vinegar, thought I had heared something about vinegar and stings. Throat sort of felt as if it had bad cramp, but after a while it eased, still a bit sore next day, not sure how dangerouse it could have been ? now I drink out of a glass !!!

put it this way, i packed up in about 30sec flat and got to the car where i have some prescription antihistermine tablets, then whento the local cafe for a nice cup of calming tea with one sugar ( i dont usualy have sugar in tea but thought i needed the sugar buzz)

applied a steroid cream when i got back home and binned the bee suit, third time the zip has gone, it was repaired then failled again and repaired for free

at least i could still swallow a nice glass of wine tonight, though i do have an egg shaped lump on my throat but t least i am not being moan at for not talking to SWMBO

currently looking at a new buit suit on the web

Glad you'r OK and live to fight another day. Our association get's a discount with BB Wear suits, where did you get your suit from ?

I am so "worried":D. Seems bees drastically decreased water gathering. "Don't know" what is happening:rolleyes:.

Anyway today was glorious day: sun, bees, smell of forest willow flowers in the air, wild fruits more and more blooming. Seems next two days will be simmilar.:hurray:

Built three cheap flat pack hives I'm going to use as bait traps this year. Painted the inside with a bit of wax. Putting them out at the weekend... Early I know but swmbo is fed up with all the wood and nails around the flat!!

Another lovely day. My bees have found the Pussy Willow and are covered head to foot!

Its no good, given up trying to work out what BIAS means...can anyone enlighten me..Thks B

Took fondant off them as they all have more stores than they needed.

Through the perspex top: the hives which had ignored their safety 200gm of fondant are now busily munching into it. large amounts of pollen, some bees completely covered in bright yellow pollen. Plenty of room for the moment.

Checked the 3 Hives.
Hive 1 on Brood and Half still has stores in the Super (Nadir) which I thought would have been moved up by now . Also saw a nice fat queen and emerging brood.

Hives 2/3 a light on stores with hive 2 just coming into lay.

This will be my 4th year and today got my first Sting! Not dead yet!

Got some wax out of the solar extractor as I'm making candles. It was almost too hot to handle. Ow.

Latest posts

Back